Deal with Failures and Disappointments
Edited by estrella sacragon, Eng, Lynn, Alma
Have you ever tried to look back on your life, say, like a year ago, and realize how much things have changed? Have you noticed that your life was disappointing back then?
If you have dealt with any form of failure and disappointment, there are some tips on how to deal with them and turn it all around. Here are some tips on how you can easily bounce back from your failures and turn them to success.
How to Deal with Failures and Disappointments
- 1The term "failure" is a very subjective word. If you tell yourself that it will be tough for you to succeed, then you will often feel disappointed. However, keep in mind that there is only one thing that is certain in life, and that is that nothing is certain. So why should you bury yourself in something that may or may not happen?Know your own definition of success.Advertisement
- 2If you are trying to look for a job, but you eventually fail during the initial interview, you can look at it in two ways: Either you really failed in the interview or you somehow succeeded in learning something important that you can use in your next job interview. Dalai Lama once said that "sometimes, not getting what you want is a wonderful stroke of luck".Find the true value of failure.Advertisement
- 3Big companies and entrepreneurs succeeded after failing for countless time. And this is not just about monetary success. The majority of successful company presidents have failed countless times. What made them succeed is their determination to bounce back and continue to move forward toward a path that makes them happy. In life, the greatest achievement is the choice to be empowered and not paralyzed by disappointments.It is just a matter of perspective.
- 4Anything is useful especially when we learn from it and do something with what we know. Be consistent in creating positive changes. Also, you need to focus on your process and not just the results. When you didn't reach a goal you set, it doesn't necessarily mean that you can no longer do what you'd like to do. Just continue doing the whole process and in no time, you will be able to identify newer possibilities that can fulfill you.Practice What You Have Learned.
- 5As much as you want to believe that your hard work has paid off, there will always be times when things are already beyond your control that have nothing to do with we you did and what you didn't do. Realize that some things are a lot harder to do than others. Always find some room for improvement. But you should be open to accepting that some results will not always reciprocate your effort.Accept That Things Will not Always Turn Out as Planned.
- 6People who are open to new possibilities and ideas should consider themselves fortunate. Their willingness to get engaged with people and their openness consider different opportunities somehow has positioned them for good fortune. The key is simply to remain optimistic and you will be able to see opportunities in life.Create your Own Luck.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Deal with Failures and Disappointments. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Deal_with_Failures_and_Disappointments
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Deal with Failures and Disappointments." VisiHow, visihow.com/Deal_with_Failures_and_Disappointments Accessed 26 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Deal with Failures and Disappointments." Accessed Apr 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Deal_with_Failures_and_Disappointments.
Categories : Emotional Health
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, estrella sacragon