Deactivate the text that people get when they call a samsung galaxy note 2 and it goes to voicemail
Edited by Graciela Franchesca Rosario, Lynn, Eng, Alma and 3 others
When people call and get voice mail on a Samsung Galaxy Note2, they also get a text that says "Sorry I am busy, call back later." To deactivate the text, which is also called auto reject, do the following:
- 1From the home screen, tap the "Phone" icon.Advertisement
- 2Tap "Menu".Advertisement
- 3Go to "Settings", then "Call Settings".
- 4Tap "Auto reject".
- 5Tap "Enable auto reject".
- 6Tap "Auto reject list".
- 7Tap the "Menu" button, then tap "Create".
- 8In the new overlay, type the number that you want to auto reject.
- 9Tap "Save".
There are two ways of reject
The "auto reject" and the "reject with message", which will send a text message when the call is not picked up. Here's how to set it:
- 1Go to "Menu".
- 2On the Settings, tap "Call Settings", then "All Calls".
- 3You will find the line saying "Reject call with message".
- 4You can edit it according to your preference.In the new window, you will see the five options of possible messages you can send when you reject a call.
- 5Once you have set your rejection message, you have to swipe the call screen up, and choose the text message that you want to send to the caller.
For Android 2.3.4
Android v. 2.3.4 doesn't have the auto reject feature, but there is an application that can provide you with that. You can download "TouchPal Contacts". This app will set your block lists.
How to install
- 1Open "Google Play Store".
- 2Search for "TouchPal Contacts".
- 3Tap "Install".
- 4Tap "Accept & download".
- 5Enter the application, browse through your contacts, and select the numbers you wish to block.Upon installation, you will find TouchPal Contacts unto your App Drawer.
- 6Turn the icon bar to the left, then tap "Block".When you find the number you want to block, long press it and you will notice the bottom icon change.
- 7In the new display, select from:
- Add to white-list
- Add to black-list
- Redirect to Voicemail
- 8You can also set up the following block rules
- Block none
- Only allow contacts and white-listed numbers
- Only allow contacts
- Only black-listed numbers
- 9Procedure on how to get to this setting
- Open TouchPal Contacts.
- Tap the "Menu" button.
- Tap "Settings".
- Tap "Call block".
- Tap "Block rule".
- 10To block all contacts that are not registered in your phone book, you will have to activate Auto Reject by doing the following:
- 11From the home screen, tap the "Phone" icon.
- Go to "Menu".
- Go to "Settings", then "Calls".
- Go to "All Calls".
- Go to "Auto Reject".
- Change the "Unknown" setting to "On" or select the "Activate" option, then click "OK".
This is suggested if there is a multiple numbers that are bothering you. You get notifications of the numbers that you have rejected.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- White List are the contacts you exempt from being blocked.
- To add a contact to the allowed list, tap on the option "Allowed contacts". Then options will appear like:
- None: No calls will be received during the blocking mode.
- All Contacts: Calls will be filtered. It will allow registered contacts to call you and not for the unknown numbers.
- Favorites: You will only get calls from your favorite contact list. Calls from the others (and the numbers not on your contacts list as well) cannot call you.
- Custom: You can set the list of people you want to get calls from when you don't choose among the rest of the options.
- When you want to delete a contact from the list, long press the name and choose "Delete".
- After a rejected call, a "Missed Call" message will appear in the notifications. The phone will light up, even if the call is rejected. Blocking Mode cannot disable this.
- You can also use the Call Blocker application to block calls. Here is the link -- http://www.phonewarrior.mobi/about.html -- and this can block calls and SMS from a person.
Questions and Answers
When a text comes in and I don't respond, my phone automatically sends a text saying "I will call you right back". How do I remove this feature?
Note2; remove auto text; the phone sends auto text "I will call you right back"
Start with disabling the "Do not disturb" mode if it was on.
- 1Press the home button.
- 2Tap on "Apps".
- 3Tap on "Settings".
- 4Tap on "Sounds and notifications".
- 5Tap on "Do not disturb".
- 6Disable the mode by tapping the slider if necessary.Advertisement
Disable call rejection if it is enabled. You can follow the steps in our tutorial on how to reject all of the calls on Samsung Galaxy. In step 8, select "Off".
There are also carrier specific applications that can manifest those symptoms. For example:
- Verizon. Press the home button, tap on "Apps", tap on "Message+", tap the three horizontal lines, tap on "Settings", tap on "Auto Reply", and tap on "Stop";
- AT&T. Press the home button, tap on "Apps", tap on "AT&T DriveMode". Open the "Settings" menu. Tap on "AutoReply On/Off". Turn automatic replying off.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: VisiHow, Dougie, Alma