Edited by Ann General, Eng, Monika, Lynn
With how crazy everyone's schedules are right now, it is not surprising that we tend to get stressed by doing even simple tasks. Everything seems to be so complicated and challenging. Once we open our eyes, get out of your room and tend to your responsibilities, it's like walking out into a carnival that's full of random stuff to do. You don't know how to start and you definitely don't know where to start. That's why it is important that you know how to de-stress yourselves from your life and responsibilities. Making yourself relax will help you to complete your tasks with ease and you can make every decision with confidence. Today, I will share some of the best and easiest ways to de-stress yourself.
What are the Types of Stress?
- Acute Stress. This is the most commonly known type of stress, and the one recognized by most people. It is the result of demands and pressures from our past, present and future situations. This type of stress is just short-term and doesn't have enough time to cause your health extensive damage. This type of stress can be easily resolved, treated and managed, since the feeling is new and can be easily recognized.
- Episodic acute stress. This is a condition of those people who suffer from acute stress more often. These are the people who live in rush, chaos, pressure and unorganized life. They are the one who are often irritable, short-tempered, anxious and tense. They can't seem to find what's wrong with their lives and blame others when they encounter trouble.
- Chronic stress. This is the worst type of stress. It wears on people's minds and destroys their bodies. This is the type of stress that can give you long-term health and mental problems. This is a stress that results from a never-ending problem suffered by a person who has often already lost hope in finding their way out. This type of stress is commonly ignored because the feeling is old, familiar and sometimes almost comfortable.
What Causes Your Stress?
Not understanding what causes your stress makes it harder for you to address it. Knowing what causes your stress will help you to find the proper actions to prevent it. So here are some of the most common causes of stress.
- 1Over scheduled.Advertisement
- 3Conflicts at your workplace or at home.
- 4Sudden change of environment or situations.
What Can Stress Give You
- 5When you are stressed, your immune systems slows down with fighting diseases making your body weak, which can easily lead to sickness.Immune system issues.
How can I release stress?
- 2Find a quiet room.
- 3Connect with your friends.
- 4Find a good book.
- 5Listen to relaxing music.
- 6Get yourself a massage!
- 8Count your blessings.Advertisement
- Do not ignore when your body starts sending you alerts about being stressed. Stress that is left unnoticed will contribute to high blood pressure, heart disease and other health related issues, and even suicide.
- By knowing how to fight or lessen your stress, it will prevent you from having long term health problems.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
De-Stress Yourself. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 1, 2017, from http://visihow.com/De-Stress_Yourself
MLA (Modern Language Association) "De-Stress Yourself." VisiHow, visihow.com/De-Stress_Yourself Accessed 1 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "De-Stress Yourself." Accessed May 1, 2017. http://visihow.com/De-Stress_Yourself.