Date Someone Famous
Edited by Donna, Maria, Eng
Ways to Meet Someone Famous
Before you can go out on a date with a celebrity, you need to meet one. Here are some ways that you can bump into and introduce yourself to someone famous. These are also ways that can offer you more of a chance of meeting that one special celebrity that you have always had your eye on.
- 1If you know specifically which celebrity you want to meet, then move to his or her neighborhood so you have more of a chance of bumping into him or her in person. Places, where you are most likely to meet celebrities, are Toronto, Vancouver, Cannes, New York, Seattle, Los Angeles, Hollywood, Beverly Hills, Cannes, London, Paris, Barcelona, Bali and the French Riviera.Relocate yourself to a neighborhood where there are lots of celebrities so that you have more of a chance of meeting one.Advertisement
- 2You are most likely to find them at high-end spas and salons, expensive gyms, five-star restaurants, charity events, award and bars and dance clubs. They are also known to hang out in local coffee houses and in the offices of famous naturopaths and plastic surgeons. Celebrities can also be found at art openings, film premieres and at theatrical openings. Famous people have a lot of money so they also hang out at malls and places where designer clothing, shoes and furniture is sold. It also helps to get to know celebrities you are not attracted to, as you could be invited to a party where you could bump into someone that you want to date.Whether you want to meet any celebrity or a specific one, it is important to hang out in situations where are to be found.Advertisement
- 3Doing this will also help you to create social media content that would pertain to his or her interests and grab his or her attention. If by chance the celebrity does contact you, you want to be very well versed about all of his or her likes, dislikes, and be knowledgeable of his or her history and all accomplishments.If you know who you want to attract, do a lot of research on your celebrity so that you know everything about him or her, in case you actually meet them.
- 4Be sure to comment often on posts in a complimentary way. You can also send messages and posts that you think might appeal to his or her interests. It is also very important that you use a profile picture of yourself that is very attractive. With any luck, the celebrity will notice your contributions on social media and contact you.Friend him or her on Facebook and join all of the fan pages.
- 5Dress in a way that you think might appeal to the celebrity. You should also direct tweet a few of your photos to the famous person. If you are blocked from doing this, you can take it as a sign that he or she is not that interested in you. A variation of this is to post pictures of you engaging in an activity that he or she might like, such as visiting an art show. If you are a talented photographer, you could get noticed by posting some of the pictures that you take.Follow your celebrity on Instagram and post many attractive photos of yourself as you can.
- 6There is a chance that he or she may notice you and start following you back. As with your other social media, make sure that any pictures that you post of yourself are as sexually attractive as possible and make your cover photo as interesting as possible as well.Follow your celebrity on Twitter.
- 7This means you do not have to chase after them because they prospects will land in your lap. Suggested careers are a sober coach, therapist, acupuncturist, trainer, make-up artist, photographer, musician, social columnist, journalist, musician, actor, actress, bodyguard, chauffeur, secretary, housekeeper, pet-sitters gardener and pool maintenance person.To totally immerse yourself in the lifestyle of the rich and famous, open a business that ensures that the celebrities will come to you.
How to Attract a Celebrity
To attract a celebrity, you have to be either especially talented or interesting or both. You also have to somehow stand out from the crowd, either through how you express yourself through fashion or by your behavior. In short, you have to be prepared to offer something of value to the celebrity, before he or she notices you. In fact, in some cases, all the celebrity will want is someone who will understand him or her or be a friend.
- 1Some celebrities find it very refreshing to meet someone that does not know that much about them and who simply seems to like them for who they are, so it is not a bad idea to pretend you know nothing about them. This works, because in the celebrity's mind it means that you like him or her for the true person that they are and not their public image. However, be careful with this one because some celebrities may find it a bit offensive and even consider you to be a bit daft because you do not know who they are.With some celebrities, the key is to act as if you are not impressed with him or her.Advertisement
- 2For instance, if you meet them in a pet store, you can recommend a type of leash or pet store. If you see a celebrity trying to avoid the paparazzi, then try to lead the to a safe space. Celebrities are often in need of help or rescue unless of course they have a lot of bodyguards around them already fulfilling that role.Be helpful or useful to the celebrity in some way.
- 3Simply talk to him or her in a considerate, friendly manner. Do not interrupt him or her when you are talking and consider yourself blessed if he or she talks to you or spends time with you.Don't try to impress the celebrity.
- 4This is where you hand your number to the celebrity or a member of his or her entourage. If she or he was attracted to you, you will definitely get that call.You can suggest to the celebrity that the two of you go somewhere together for a coffee or go out for a date sometime.
How to Go Out On a Date With a Celebrity
Going out on a date with a celebrity can be a complex and also very expensive adventure, depending on the circumstances. Sometimes you will be expected to pay for the celebrity's meal, which may be at a five star restaurant or you might be expected to rent a limo to pick him or her up in. However, if you really want the celebrity to fall in love with you, the expense may be well worth it.
- 1This is no time to look a bit casual. Be impeccable with your hygiene and grooming in every way and go to a high-end barber or hairdresser to get your look just right. You want to show the celebrity that you have the look that will easily fit in with his or her lifestyle. Of course, this might require a little bit of research on your part first. For instance, if you are going out with a politician, you may want to dress more formally in a darker tailored outfit with a dress shirt or blouse. If you are dating a rock star, you may want to dye your hair, wear designer jeans and lots of jewelry. Sometimes it is the event that will determine what you will wear. If you are going on a private little picnic in the park together, then dress a little less extremely than you would if you were attending a star-studded awards show or a gala.Make sure you are dressed well and appropriately for the event.Advertisement
- 2Celebrities want you to know exactly what to do in a public setting so that you will never embarrass them. Most famous people do not have the time to train you in the social skills needed to hang around with the upper classes.Familiarize yourself with manners and etiquette and know which fork and spoon to use when you are seated at a formal table.
- 3Chances are that your very rich celebrity will be very impressed by any layered, designer scent that you could wear. However, do not do this if you know that from doing your research, that the celebrity is highly sensitive to perfume or has environmental allergies.Wear the most expensive perfume or aftershave that you can afford.
- 4For instance, if your celebrity date collects mid-century postmodern furniture, then do a little research and be prepared to talk about that. Stay away from distracting idle chitchat and keep in mind that your celebrity is probably doing other things rather than following friends and reading memes on Facebook.Do your research and know what topics you are going to talk about with your celebrity, while you are on your date.
- 5Go to a voice teacher and learn diction. Speak slowly and never, ever interrupt the celebrity when he or she is talking. You never ever want the famous person to be irritated by the sound of your voice or have a reason to tell you to shut up.Do not swear and be articulate and soft-spoken.
- 6The celebrity does not want to deal with a person that clings to him or her and cannot hold their own in a room full of heavyweight personalities. Even if you are not one of them, you need to fake it until you make it and be as relaxed and comfortable around powerful, famous people as much as you can be.Show the celebrity that you can hold your own at an event and that you can engage his or her friends and fans in a discreet, yet entertaining manner.
- 7Not only could you become inebriated and do something that embarrasses your date, you could also look needy and a bit lower class. You should also avoid smoking cigarettes or any type drug, as usually that requires going outside, which could lead your celebrity date to believe that you have abandoned him or her.Do not indulge too heavily if you find yourself at an event where there is a lot of free food or alcohol.
- 8This allows you to understand the role that your date might have as someone involved in the event as well as hold intelligent conversations with those around you.If the event is a charity fundraiser, ball or awards show, make sure that you do a bit of research about it first.
- 9No matter what you do, there is always going to be numbers of people who are richer and more attractive than you, trying to make their own rendezvous with the celebrity. Your best course of action is to act like the behavior of others has no power over you. The celebrity will like this because they need a very emotionally secure and practical person in their life and not a person who will create a lot of personal drama.Do not display jealousy or be territorial while you are with your celebrity date.
- 10There is also a good chance that the media will look at your social media profiles and Google you to find out as much information about you as possible. You should also expect to be lied about in public. One way to prevent the media from upsetting your life too much is to delete or hide all of your social media profiles so that it is harder for the media to find out anything about your past or post any embarrassing photos of you online or on television.Be prepared to see your picture in the paper and on television, and the nature of your relationship widely discussed in the media.
- 11You might be told to make your own way home, dropped off in a limo where you live or invited to stay with the celebrity. You might also be invited to party with the celebrity's entourage. You can expect the unexpected so prepare for anything before you leave the house.What happens at the end of the evening may be completely up to the discretion of the celebrity and a possible entourage.
- 12Although you may be faking it a bit, to keep up with the celebrity lifestyle, it is your true self that the celebrity should ultimately be attracted to, or there will be no relationship. Most celebrities are perceptive enough to understand that dating one is a challenge, but they will most certainly appreciate any effort you go to in order to be part of his or her life.Remember that no matter what happens, the most important thing is to be you.Advertisement
Tips and Tricks
- Do not take pictures of your celebrity while you are out on the date as most of them find that tiresome and intrusive
- Note that there might be a big difference between which you think the celebrity is and what they are really like and prepare yourself to be disappointed if they are not exactly the person you thought
- Some celebrities are only looking for sex, and not a relationship, and will dump you right after a night of lovemaking because that is all that they wanted from you in the first place
- If you want the celebrity to keep you in his or her life, then find a way to make yourself useful or entertaining to him or her so that he or she will always want you around
- Never sell information to the media or press about the celebrity or he or she will never see you again
- Do not give the paparazzi a reason to take an embarrassing photograph of the two o you together, which means staying sober and being mindful of your behavior at all times
- Be prepared to be rejected or dropped suddenly with no explanation, as that just seems to be part of it when you date a celebrity
- Once a celebrity or her staff tells you that you are no longer welcome, be sure to move forward in life as there can be big penalties associated with stalking celebrities
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Date Someone Famous. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Date_Someone_Famous
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Date Someone Famous." VisiHow, visihow.com/Date_Someone_Famous Accessed 25 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Date Someone Famous." Accessed May 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Date_Someone_Famous.
Categories : Dating
Recent edits by: Maria, Donna