Customize the Home Panels with Widgets on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to customize an HTC One M8 home screen or panel with 'widgets'.
- 3This will allow us to edit the panels and the home screen. Widgets are an interactive element. For example, with 'Facebook Status', we can update our Facebook status. Other widgets include 'Gmail', so if we get an email, it will appear on the widget.Once we're on the home screen, we need to place two fingers on the screen and pinch them together.
- 5It's important to look at the size of them, which we can see in the top right-hand corner of every widget. Some will say '4x2', '2x2', '3x3', and so on. If the widgets are too big, they will not fit. If the widgets are small, such as the 'Bluetooth' widget (1x1), we can fit more on the page.Scroll down and find your preferred widget.
- 7This will show the panel with the added widgets. Widgets are actually very useful. For example, if we press down on the 'Bluetooth' widget, it turns Bluetooth on and off. We can customize the panels further by removing these widgets if we decide we don't like them.Once we're satisfied, we can just tap on the highlighted panel.
- 8'REMOVE' and the trash can will then be highlighted in red, which means that the widget is in the right place for us to remove it. Let go of it and the widget will be removed from the panel. We can repeat this process with any icon on the home screen. We can also move widgets by pressing and holding, then releasing at the preferred location.To remove a widget, we will need to press down on it and hold it, then drag it to 'REMOVE' in white lettering in the top right-hand corner next to a white trash can.
- 9If you have any questions or comments about this video or about this process, then please leave them in the comment section below and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.This concludes the tutorial on how to customize an HTC One M8 home screen or panel with 'widgets'.Advertisement
Video: Customize the Home Panels with Widgets on HTC One M8
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Crystal, Thor