Customize the Home Panels with Widgets on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to customize an HTC One M8 home screen or panel with 'widgets'.
- 3Once we're on the home screen, we need to place two fingers on the screen and pinch them together.This will allow us to edit the panels and the home screen. Widgets are an interactive element. For example, with 'Facebook Status', we can update our Facebook status. Other widgets include 'Gmail', so if we get an email, it will appear on the widget.
- 5Scroll down and find your preferred widget.It's important to look at the size of them, which we can see in the top right-hand corner of every widget. Some will say '4x2', '2x2', '3x3', and so on. If the widgets are too big, they will not fit. If the widgets are small, such as the 'Bluetooth' widget (1x1), we can fit more on the page.
- 7Once we're satisfied, we can just tap on the highlighted panel.This will show the panel with the added widgets. Widgets are actually very useful. For example, if we press down on the 'Bluetooth' widget, it turns Bluetooth on and off. We can customize the panels further by removing these widgets if we decide we don't like them.
- 8To remove a widget, we will need to press down on it and hold it, then drag it to 'REMOVE' in white lettering in the top right-hand corner next to a white trash can.'REMOVE' and the trash can will then be highlighted in red, which means that the widget is in the right place for us to remove it. Let go of it and the widget will be removed from the panel. We can repeat this process with any icon on the home screen. We can also move widgets by pressing and holding, then releasing at the preferred location.
- 9This concludes the tutorial on how to customize an HTC One M8 home screen or panel with 'widgets'.If you have any questions or comments about this video or about this process, then please leave them in the comment section below and we will answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Customize the Home Panels with Widgets on HTC One M8
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Customize the Home Panels with Widgets on HTC One M8. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Customize_the_Home_Panels_with_Widgets_on_HTC_One_M8
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Customize the Home Panels with Widgets on HTC One M8." VisiHow, visihow.com/Customize_the_Home_Panels_with_Widgets_on_HTC_One_M8 Accessed 24 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Customize the Home Panels with Widgets on HTC One M8." Accessed Mar 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Customize_the_Home_Panels_with_Widgets_on_HTC_One_M8.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Crystal, Thor