Customize Position of App Folder Icons on HTC One M8
Edited by Thor, Sid Bedekar, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this video, we are going to show you how to customize the location of the applications in the 'App' folder of the HTC One M8.
- 4What we want to do then is we want to customize their location. Perhaps we want to put some applications near the top so that we can access them easily and some applications aren't used; we want to move them to bottom and out of the way. To do that, we have to press this icon here. In the top left-hand corner, it says "Apps" and currently, it says "Most recent" because we have organized our 'applications' folder by the most recent. The most recent are at the top, but now we want to customize it and actually choose where all the individual applications go. Let's press down on this icon then - where it says "Apps".You can see now that we have all our applications here.
- 10Be careful not to put it in another folder. If you put it over a folder and let go, then you are going to put this application into the folder with another application. What you want to do is wait until an application moves out of the way, and as you can see where my finger is, there is now a blank space. There is a square and it is empty because we have pushed one of the applications out of the way. Move the application that we are currently holding and dragging into position and let go.Now you can see the screen has changed a little bit and now we have the option to move it around wherever you want, as long as we keep holding down on the icon.
- 11We can do this with all applications but make sure we are in this section. Make sure it says "Press and hold to rearrange" and then we can move multiple applications around. Let's press down on the 'Play Store'. Hold until you hear or feel the vibration. Move it around until another application has moved out of the way and now we can swap positions and let go.Now you can see that the application has been moved and we have customized its location.
- 14If we press down on this icon here, where it says "Grid size" in white writing, it is going to allow us to change the grid size. We can make the grid bigger and make the 'icons' bigger so that there is less clutter, but then we would also have to scroll down more to find all of the applications.We also have the option to change the "Grid size".
- 19If you have any questions or comments about this video or about this process, then please leave them in the comment section below and we shall answer them for you. Thank you for watching VisiHow, goodbye.This concludes our tutorial on how to customize the location of the applications in the 'Applications' folder of the HTC One M8.Advertisement
Video: Customize Position of App Folder Icons on HTC One M8
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : HTC
Recent edits by: Sid Bedekar, Thor