Create and Share a Calendar in Your Google Account Using Google Calendar
Edited by Colette Cole, Crystal, Eng
Hello and welcome to VisiHow. In this tutorial, I am going to show you how to create and share a calendar using your Google account. For those of you who are not familiar with the Google account, it is basically an account that you can create and log into to use any of the Google applications that are available such as Google Calendar, Gmail (which is their webmail program), Google Maps, Google Play (which is where we go to download games and applications for a phone or tablet), and the Google Store (where we can also purchase things). We're going to want to make sure that we're signed into Google, which will be indicated by your name at the top right-hand side.
- 2The great thing about this calendar is we can synchronize them with our Android phone or tablet device. If we use an Apple device such as the iPhone or iPad, it's available there as well. We can access this in any browser, however, we prefer to use Google Chrome because it is also made my Google, therefore it works with these applications quicker and easier.This is the default calendar.Advertisement
- 4We're going to name the calendar, and we can add a description as well if we want. We'll just title it "Colette On the Go" and add "Colette's schedule and availability weekly" for the description. The description is not mandatory. For the location, we can add our city, so we'll put "Ottawa" and leave "Canada" in the drop down box. We can also select a time zone or click the checkbox next to "Display all time zones".Now we need to fill out all of the information for the calendar.
- 5Under that, we can also share the calendar with specific people by entering an email address. Click on the drop-down box underneath of "Permission Settings" to select an option. We'll give this email permission to see all event details and click on "Add Person".We can choose to make this a public calendar which would appear in public search results or we can choose to share only our 'free/busy' information.
- 14We can import these calendars as well to the Google Calendar settings. We can also access this from our phone. We can choose to synchronize it if we have an existing calendar one our phone, or we can download the calendar application on our phone and access it directly.We can also import a calendar if we have one on the computer or in our email.
- 16Thank you for watching VisiHow. If you have any questions or comments about this video, please feel free to put them in the comment section below. Take care.That is how you create and share a calendar in Google Calendars.Advertisement
Video: Create and Share a Calendar in Your Google Account Using Google Calendar
Categories : Google
Recent edits by: Crystal, Colette Cole