Create an Invisible Folder on Desktop
Edited by Lukward Thomason, Eng, MsBarbs
Ever wanted to make an invisible folder on your desktop? it is possible on Windows OS. In This case we will be using Windows 7.
Make an invisible folder on your desktop or in any directory
- 2Create a new folder (or just ignore this step if you already have a folder that needs to be hidden)Advertisement
To name it an invisible symbol you can use several combinations of Alt key + numeral keys One of the combinations are Alt+0160 or you can copy and paste the space between these brackets [ ] (Note that Space key won't do the trick here.
- 1Now you can hide the folder icon.
To do so right-click on the desired folder and click Properties.
Tips and Suggestions on hiding your folder
- Other Alt+numeral key combinations for an invisible symbol: 255 and 99999999
- Note that you have to use numeral keys on the right side of your keyboard
- All of these combinations generate the same symbol so in order to have more than one invisible folder you have to input more blank symbols for each folder
- You can also hide this folder so that it will no longer be highlighted. to do so click Hidden in General tab of the Properties. (note that you will need to enable Show Hidden Files And Folders in order to access this folder in the future)
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Create an Invisible Folder on Desktop. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Create_an_Invisible_Folder_on_Desktop
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Create an Invisible Folder on Desktop." VisiHow, visihow.com/Create_an_Invisible_Folder_on_Desktop Accessed 30 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Create an Invisible Folder on Desktop." Accessed Apr 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Create_an_Invisible_Folder_on_Desktop.