Create an Apple ID for your iPhone
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Eng, Lynn
In order to get the most from your iPhone, you need to have an Apple ID. When you download and install applications, use iPhone services and upgrade your applications and OS, an Apple ID is required. Below are the steps:
- 1Enter the password if the device requires.Enable and unlock the iPhone.Advertisement
- 2On your Home screen, tap Settings.Advertisement
- 3"iTunes and App Stores".Scroll down until you see the entry:
- 4If there is an existing Apple ID logged in, log out from it.Tap the "iTunes App Store".
- 5Click on "Create New Apple ID".
- 6Tap Done to confirm your choices, and then click Next to continue.Locate and select the country you are located in.
- 7Scroll to the bottom of the page and click "OK", then tap again to alert actions. If you have trouble reading the document, you can choose it to be sent via email by clicking "Send Email" and entering a valid email address.See the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions and agree with them.
- 8Your password must be at least eight characters (including numbers and uppercase and lowercase letters), and no spaces. Neither should have three consecutive characters (AAA), even your Apple ID, or password which you used in the previous year. After registration, the email address will be your Apple ID.Please enter your email address, password, security questions, three appropriate responses, and date of birth.
- 9Apple requires you enter a mode of payment, such as Visa, MasterCard, or another option.Enter your billing information.
- 10It will only be charged when used it for paid application purchases.Your card will not be charged when you only install free applications.
- 11This is to confirm your payment information, and any purchases or online transactions you make shall be sent to your email address.Also provide your billing address, which is your full name, address, city name, state name/province, postal code and telephone number.
- 12An email will be sent to the email address you provided.Verify your account.
- 13The subject is "Please check the email address of contact for Apple ID." Open and click the link to verify your account.Log in to your email account and check for the confirmation mail sent by Apple.
- 14Go to the Apple website and log in using your Apple ID and password.
- 15Click "Verify address".
- 16Once done, you should have your own Apple ID
Create an Apple ID with no credit card
Are you stuck with your Apple ID registration because you do not have a credit card? The instructions below will allow you to make your own Apple ID without any credit card.
- 1Unlock your iPhone.Advertisement
- 2On the application list, open Settings by tapping on it.
- 3Tap on Store and sign out any logged in Apple ID.
- 4Go back to the application list and tap on "App Store".
- 5Look for a FREE application and tap on the "Free" button.This is the most important part:
- 6After tapping on the Free button, it will transform into an "Install" button; tap on it.
- 7Tap on "Create New Apple ID".You will be asked to sign in.
- 8You will now be taken to the Create a new account page; enter your country or region and tap the "Next" button.
- 10Confirm your action by tapping on the "Agree" button that will pop up.
- 11Enter your email address and password.
- 12Scroll down and go to Question & Answer section, where you will need to provide answers to three secret questions.
- 13Scroll down and enter your month, day and year of birth.
- 14Take note that there is an option, "None", on the lower-most part of the choices; tap on it to proceed.You will now be on the billing information page, where you will be asked for a credit card.
- 15Enter your personal details, like your first name, last name, address, and phone number; tap on Next to continue.
- 16Apple has sent an email to your registered email address. Open that email and follow the instructions in it. If you cannot find the email on your inbox, look for it in your Spam or Junk folder.Verify your account.
- 17You can now go to Settings, then Store, and sign in with your newly registered Apple ID.After verification, your Apple ID can now be used.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Create an Apple ID for your iPhone. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Create_an_Apple_ID_for_your_iPhone
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Create an Apple ID for your iPhone." VisiHow, visihow.com/Create_an_Apple_ID_for_your_iPhone Accessed 24 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Create an Apple ID for your iPhone." Accessed May 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Create_an_Apple_ID_for_your_iPhone.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Eng, Leomar Umpad