Create a weight loss chart
Edited by Shiza Ahmed, Eng, Lynn, Charmed and 2 others
It seems like people get fat easily, but they don't know how to get rid of that fat. Fatness is like an illness for some individuals. Even in the modern world, it is generally a desire to be slimmer rather than to be fatter. Many people feel uncomfortable or feel like everyone must be noticing his or her fatness, and so they may decide to get rid of it. If a person wants to lose weight, there are several steps that can help you do so. Losing weight too rapidly can causes health problems, but for anyone who wants to lose weight, the following information may be helpful.
- 1Diet control.Eating more than you need is dangerous for an individual's health, and it is something that is a problem for most fat people. A person who wants to get slimmer must take a break from this type of non-stop eating. Cutting back on your caloric intake doesn't really mean to back off from your food completely, but instead to get control over it. Cutting your calories back too much will almost definitely make you slimmer, but then you will suffer from side effects, like weakness. It can also be counter-productive if you eat too few calories, as your body will react by slowing your metabolism. You should cut back on calories a little at a time, and concentrate on eating healthful items, such as fruits and vegetables, while cutting back on junk food like chips, candy, and soda, all of which contain a lot of empty calories and little to no nutritional value. You should also drink water as much as you can.Advertisement
- 2Walk.People also get fat because they spend too much time sitting around. When people are not physically active on a regular basis, their body is bound to become soft and flabby. Even if you don't do any other exercising, you should make time to take a walk every day, if possible. Try to walk at least 20-30 minutes per day, and build up your time and distance as you are able. Joining a gym and working out at least a few times a week is also a very effective tool in losing weight. Exercising can help you achieve the body the shape you want. You may not notice results immediately, but if you keep at it, you will make progress. And in the meantime, the exercise is helping you to be more healthyAdvertisement
- 3Fasting.If you cannot control your eating on a day-to-day basis, then you can try fasting for a short time to kick start a diet, or fast in intervals. Before doing anything drastic, you should consult your physician. But there are many different kinds of fasts that can help you to cut back on your body's cravings, and on your overall caloric intake.
- 4Cut out fatty foods.Foods that contain a high amount of fat, like cheese, butter, and rich desserts, should be eliminated when possible, or at least be only consumed as an occasional treat. Cut back on fried foods as well, and try to eat more salads, but be careful of fatty dressing and other toppings. Whole foods such as fruits, vegetables, and meats such as chicken or fish are all parts of a good, low-fat diet.
- 5Choose your treats carefully.It can be hard to completely cut sweets out off your diet, but luckily a small amount of chocolate can actually be healthy. You have to be careful, though, not to overindulge. Still, even if you are trying to stick to a strict regimen, everyone needs a little treat every now and then.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Recent edits by: Ephraim, Charmed, Lynn