Create a group on facebook
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Reema, Ephraim and 2 others
"In the world of today, most people have a Facebook account, a Twitter account, a Myspace account and/or use other networking sites. But the most popular is Facebook. If you want to create your own group to manage and have more friends online, keep reading. This article will help you learn how to create your own group."
What you need to do first
- 1Make sure you have an original idea to make a group.Advertisement
- 2Try to think of a name for your group.Make it unique and simple, but relevant to the group's purpose. If you like gaming consoles, for example, you could name your group something like Xstatic Game Console Gamers XGCG.Advertisement
Creating a group
- 1Log in to Facebook with your login email or username and password.If you don't have a login or account, follow the directions on the site to create one first.Advertisement
- 2Once you have logged in to your Facebook account, in the News Feed section, type in the search box the name that you want for your group.If there is already a group by the same name, then you will need to think of another one.
- 3Click on your name at the top left hand side of your screen to get to your profile, then click on "Update Info".
- 4Scroll down toward the bottom until you get to the Groups section, then click on the "Create Group" button.
- 5Type the name that you decided to call your group.It should be a distinct name, that your friends will not mistake for a joke.
- 6Invite the friends you want to be included.You can simply type their names in the box provided.
- 7Now, describe the group you have created in the description box that has been provided.Be specific in all aspects.
- 8Fill in all the necessary information, and only fill in optional information like street address, phone number, etc.if you want the group to have it.
- 9You may now select your privacy settings in creating the group.Posts and announcements for an open group will be public, while in a closed group, only members can see posts, announcements, etc. In addition, only open groups can be searched by users outside the group.
- 10Select the membership approval and posting, then click the "Save" button.
- 11You can select a photo for the group.To do this, click "Upload".
How to gain people to join the group
- 1It is best to let your friends join the group first.Remember that friends of your friends can see his or her activities.Advertisement
- 2Look through the names on your email list of contacts.You can also send them a group invitation.
- 3Include as much information as needed, and be concise.
- 4Allow any group member to post pictures, videos and more in order for your page to function as a community page.
- 5Try to comment or reply to all the posts made in the group, including videos, photos and links.You can control what posts are seen on the page, and who can or cannot post, through settings.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Create a group on facebook. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 25, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Create_a_group_on_facebook
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Create a group on facebook." VisiHow, visihow.com/Create_a_group_on_facebook Accessed 25 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Create a group on facebook." Accessed Mar 25, 2017. http://visihow.com/Create_a_group_on_facebook.
Categories : Social Network
Recent edits by: Rebecca M., Ephraim, Reema