Create a group on facebook
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Reema, Ephraim and 2 others
"In the world of today, most people have a Facebook account, a Twitter account, a Myspace account and/or use other networking sites. But the most popular is Facebook. If you want to create your own group to manage and have more friends online, keep reading. This article will help you learn how to create your own group."
What you need to do first
- 1Make sure you have an original idea to make a group.Advertisement
- 2Make it unique and simple, but relevant to the group's purpose. If you like gaming consoles, for example, you could name your group something like Xstatic Game Console Gamers XGCG.Try to think of a name for your group.Advertisement
Creating a group
- 1If you don't have a login or account, follow the directions on the site to create one first.Log in to Facebook with your login email or username and password.Advertisement
- 2If there is already a group by the same name, then you will need to think of another one.Once you have logged in to your Facebook account, in the News Feed section, type in the search box the name that you want for your group.
- 3Click on your name at the top left hand side of your screen to get to your profile, then click on "Update Info".
- 4Scroll down toward the bottom until you get to the Groups section, then click on the "Create Group" button.
- 5It should be a distinct name, that your friends will not mistake for a joke.Type the name that you decided to call your group.
- 6You can simply type their names in the box provided.Invite the friends you want to be included.
- 7Be specific in all aspects.Now, describe the group you have created in the description box that has been provided.
- 8if you want the group to have it.Fill in all the necessary information, and only fill in optional information like street address, phone number, etc.
- 9Posts and announcements for an open group will be public, while in a closed group, only members can see posts, announcements, etc. In addition, only open groups can be searched by users outside the group.You may now select your privacy settings in creating the group.
- 10Select the membership approval and posting, then click the "Save" button.
- 11To do this, click "Upload".You can select a photo for the group.
How to gain people to join the group
- 1Remember that friends of your friends can see his or her activities.It is best to let your friends join the group first.Advertisement
- 2You can also send them a group invitation.Look through the names on your email list of contacts.
- 3Include as much information as needed, and be concise.
- 4Allow any group member to post pictures, videos and more in order for your page to function as a community page.
- 5You can control what posts are seen on the page, and who can or cannot post, through settings.Try to comment or reply to all the posts made in the group, including videos, photos and links.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Create a group on facebook. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 26, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Create_a_group_on_facebook
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Create a group on facebook." VisiHow, visihow.com/Create_a_group_on_facebook Accessed 26 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Create a group on facebook." Accessed Apr 26, 2017. http://visihow.com/Create_a_group_on_facebook.
Categories : Social Network
Recent edits by: Rebecca M., Ephraim, Reema