Create a Self-Destruct Secret Chat on Telegram for iPhone 6
Edited by Inukshuk
Hello. You are watching VisiHow, and in this video you will learn something really interesting, which is how to create a secret chat on Telegram while using iPhone 6.
- 1 Steps
- 2 Video: Create a Secret Chat on Telegram with iPhone 6
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 4 Comments
- 2Now, we'll click on Telegram application.Let me explain what a secret chat is. A secret chat that you create with anyone on your contacts list allows you to message each other in a safe way. You will know that your messages are not saved on any intermediary service, and besides that, you can set up an erase timer that will delete your messages in whatever amount of time you set, or right after the other person reads the message.Advertisement
- 4Make sure you gave your Telegram application access to your contact list.You can see how to do that in one of my previous videos, so now my Telegram has access to the contacts. Let's create a secret chat. You should see the three options in blue at the top of the Contacts screen. The second option is New Secret Chat. That's where I'm going to tap.
- 10When you tap on the clock, you will be able to set a time for when your messages will self-destruct.Let's set it up for 6 seconds. Press Done to set the timer. Keep in mind that this change only refers to all the messages you send after you set up the timer. Everything else that was sent before does not apply to the timer.
- 17I just showed you how to create a secret chat on Telegram and how to set up the timer for your messages to be automatically erased on iPhone 6.If you have any more questions on how your applications work, please leave them all in the section below, and I will try to help you. Thank you and have a secret day! Keep watching VisiHow.Advertisement
Video: Create a Secret Chat on Telegram with iPhone 6
Questions and Answers
How to cancel secret chat invitation?
Hi. I have sent an invitation for a secret chat to a wrong person. How can I cancel it?
Go into settings for that secret chat and choose "Clear History". This will delete any secret chat invitation that you sent. You should also log out and back in again to make sure it is deleted from your Telegram app.
How can I cancel the secret chat in Telegram?
I started to chat with my friend but by mistake activated the secret chat, how can I come back to normal chat
Delete the secret chat then choose "Clear History" but only if once you log it the chat still shows as a Secret Chat. You can also delete the secret chat and start again if you do not care to keep the messages on your friend's device.
Does Deleting a secret chat delete unopened messages from both sides?
If I leave a message in a secret chat, and it is my last message to send, and I delete the chat, will the receiver still be able to open that last message that they didn't view or does the whole chat delete from both sides?
As long as you selected Clear History you should be okay and the messages will be gone from their device even though they have not read them yet.
Will secret chat start only if invitation is accepted?
Does the secret chat start only if the other friend accepts your invitation for the secret chat
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.