Create a New End Table from an Old Bar Stool
Edited by Jmgf, Eng, Olivia, Emmanuel M. Lardizabal and 1 other
Creating your very own end tables is one way of maximizing your old materials and enhancing your personal creativity. Make something new and exciting out of the materials that you have gathered and let your inner you radiate even though the furniture that you have picked out for your rooms.
Tables play a very important role as a furniture in every home, and more often than not the tables available in our local department stores and furniture centers all have the same look. Why invest on new tables that you could easily see anywhere? Do it yourself and spare yourself from all the expenses plus you get to have the added bonus of having one furniture you're sure others won't definitely find elsewhere. This can be used as a stand for figurines, picture frames or flowers in a vase. Recycle the materials that you've got and go create yourself that unique dream table!
What are end tables? End tables are as derived from the word itself are the tables that are being placed at the end of the sofa or the ones. One of the most common shapes used with these tables usually include the ones with a circle top because they best complement whatever the house's over-all theme is.
It is a very important piece that completes every living room set and helps fill in the gaps made out of the lack of appliances or furniture. Oftentimes, they come most commonly following the styles of coffee tables and they are mostly used as placements for lamps.
MAKE YOUR END TABLE:
- 1THINGS YOU'LL NEED:Advertisement
- Old Stool
- Wooden Top (Squares or Circle, adjust according to your preferences)
- Wooden Glue
- Gloss Lacquer
- Colored Paint
- 2TO PREPARE:Advertisement
- Visualize for yourself the style that you would like to incorporate into your end table. Note that it should also go well with your house or room's over-all theme.
- Prepare your old wooden stool and wooden top (make sure that the width of the wooden top is in proportion with the size of your stool so that your wooden top won't go oversized.
- Using your wood glue, stick the wooden top you have decided for your end table and glue it to your old stool. Let it completely dry for approximately an hour or so that you're sure that your table becomes stable.
- With your colored paint, design away the color of the table that you desire. You can include ribbons, stones and glitters to decorate your table according to your preferences. Let it dry completely.
- After designing, gloss your table away with you lacquer so you'll have a glossy finish with your paint after. Glossy paint should be dried before using your end table.
- OPTIONAL: Use wooden blocks to add an additional level of stand or support for your table. Place the wooden blocks on the level supports you find near the feet of your table and glue and paint them together. This new level will be used as an additional shelf for magazines etc. below your end table.
- If the end table is not proportional, this may cause damage to the view of your living room but it may still be used for different purposes.
- End table which would carry heavy load should be fixed and made properly as it would not collapse later.
Questions and Answers
How to make log bar stools?
Log bar stools are easy to make in a way that you are able to preserve the original shape of the log. You do not even need to polish it further as keeping the raw look of the log will give more character to your log bar stool.
What you basically have to do is measure how high you'd like to make your bar stool. If you prefer that the topmost part of the stool is wider than the rest of the parts, allocated about 4 inches for that to add up. What you would do is get a wider log and cut about 4 inches of that and you would need to attach it to the top.
If your log bar stool is not high enough, you can just leave it as is and there is no need for a step ladder. If it's rather high, you may need to anchor a few small bars of wood to the bottom part so that that can be used to step on to get up the stool.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Create a New End Table from an Old Bar Stool. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Create_a_New_End_Table_from_an_Old_Bar_Stool
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Create a New End Table from an Old Bar Stool." VisiHow, visihow.com/Create_a_New_End_Table_from_an_Old_Bar_Stool Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Create a New End Table from an Old Bar Stool." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Create_a_New_End_Table_from_an_Old_Bar_Stool.
Categories : Repurposing Crafts
Recent edits by: Emmanuel M. Lardizabal, Olivia, Eng