Create a Hotel Guest Directory
Edited by Hotelier, Amanda, Eng, Anonymous
Hello, and thank you for watching VisiHow. Today's tutorial is on how you can create or redesign a hotel guest room directory to adhere to a set of brand standards. If you are a member of a chain or a brand of hotels, you will have provided brand standards that you do need to adhere to when you are creating your guest room directory. If you are an independently operating hotel, and you do not have brand standards, I do recommend that you sit down and you come up with your own set of brand standards. This will enable you to continuously provide a high level of service for your hotel guests.
- 2Have appropriate branding.We may have some rules if we're a member of a hotel brand that dictate where logos can be placed. In addition, there may be a network of independent boutique hotels, such as a Preferred Hotels Group hotel. These hotels may have their own logo, as well as the logo for the network of hotels. There will be rules on where we need to place these logos. Make sure to follow those.Advertisement
- 3Maintain the directory over time.It needs to remain clean, complete, and damage-free. These do need to be periodically checked after they are placed in the rooms. This may be done by the housekeeping department. In our tutorial on how to conduct a housekeeping room inspection, we do discuss checking the hotel guest directory. The pages need to be clean. The leather folder needs to be clean. The directory needs to be complete and in order. There should not be missing pages, or pages out of order. Damage-free means that the pages should not be torn or even bent.
- 10Include safety information.If we have any particular naturally occurring disasters, such as an earthquake, we may have some information there. We will also include fire information, and general safety tips, such as keeping the door locked and items secure. For more information on this section, refer to our tutorial on how to present safety information in the hotel directory.
- 11This concludes today's tutorial on how you can create and redesign a hotel guest room directory based on a set of brand standards and some of the items that you can include inside.Yours may be different, but the important thing to remember is that you do need to have a set of standards that you should adhere to, just to make sure that your service is consistent. If you do have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave them in the space below.Advertisement
Video: Create a Hotel Guest Directory
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Hospitality Industry
Recent edits by: Eng, Amanda, Hotelier