Create a Facebook Profile
Edited by Kathleen, Maria, Lynn, Eng
In our fast-changing world, communication has been made a lot easier.
I recall times as a child when I needed to write long letters to my father who worked abroad as means of communication. I would have to wait for days or even weeks just to make sure he had received my letter. I love that it added a personal touch to my message, but the delay in using the mail system is its downside. There came a time when I needed to tell him urgent news about one of our relatives, but apparently he did not get the message on time.
Things have changed a lot now.
In just a click of the mouse, I am able to talk to my father in real time. There are no more inconveniences brought about by lining up in the post office for a long time and the tedious writing of lengthy letters.
This has been made possible by one of the breakthroughs in the field of social networking and communication, and that is, Facebook.
Facebook is a social networking site where anyone can add friends and share posts with one another. One can also upload photos and videos and let the whole world view them. You can also like and comment on them. Basically, it is whole package of communication, entertainment and connection rolled into one.
Facebook emerged in the year 2004, and it is still being utilized by many whether for personal or professional use, advertisements or a simple reconnection with an old friend or lost relatives.
How do you create a Facebook profile?
It is actually very simple. Just follow the steps below.
- 16(However, its better if you upload your picture, so other people who know you can recognize you.) This is also to give you an identity because it is possible to have multiple individuals with just one name, so the photo will help others identify you.If you want to skip this for the meantime, just click Skip.
- 18Once you have accessed your email, just type in the code that Facebook sent you, and from there, you are an approved member of Facebook!
- 19You may now start editing your profile, find your long lost friends and relatives and reconnect with them.Advertisement
- You can always edit your profile by changing the input you have given or by adding some things, such as hobbies, interests, jobs, or even the recent films you have seen.
- You can also change your name if you want, but you are only given a limited number of times to do this. If you have changed your name more than the maximum times you are allowed to do it, Facebook will not change your name anymore. You can just provide an alternate name which will be placed inside parentheses beside your profile name.
- You can also change the email address you are using to access Facebook. This is to avoid clogging up your email, since Facebook will be sending notifications to your mail as well. You can opt to have these notifications turned off.
- You can also control and limit the audience who can see your posts, pictures and videos. You can do this by clicking the drop down box beside "Post" on the status box. You can either choose Public, Friends, Only you, or Customize it by selecting only a few specific people who can see your update.
- If you want to find friends, you can just type in their names in the search box, found on the upper left part of your homepage.
- You can always explore Facebook because it is very user friendly. In no time, you can become a pro in using the world's number one social networking site.
- If you need help in using Facebook, you can click Help on the upper right part of your homepage, or you can simply type in your question(s) below and I will be glad to help.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Social Network
Recent edits by: Lynn, Maria, Kathleen