Create a Facebook Account
Edited by Pia Marie Villamante, Eng, Lynn, Alma
Want to join the social networking media? One of the best social networking sites is Facebook. It is one of the leading online social networking sites today. It was founded in February 2004 by Mark Zuckerberg and his fellow schoolmates Dustin Moskovitz, Chris Hughes, Eduardo Saverin and Andrew McCollum. Mark Zuckerberg is an American programmer and entrepreneur who studied at Harvard University. He is the CEO and chairman of Facebook. Facebook offers a lot of things, like playing games, messaging other people, sharing photographs, groups, mood faces, adding different people from all over the world and even video chatting. In this HowTo, the applications, steps for using, and different features of Facebook will be discussed.
- 1News feed.This is the first thing you will see once you've logged in. This is also where you will see different posts, updates, statuses, and some comments.Advertisement
- 2Wall.This is the primary profile space of a Facebook user. You can see your name, address, birthday, etc.Advertisement
- 3Timeline.This is a more categorized view of your pictures, videos and posts.
- 4Friend.You may accept and add friends on Facebook. You may also remove or block a person or even report him.
- 5Inbox and messages.Facebook allows or permits users to message or contact other users.
- 6Notifications.A notification updates a user when something has been added on his profile or page.
- 7Like.This is a way of showing positive response or feedback on something that has been posted, like a status, picture etc.
- 8Groups.These are made by individual users who can select the members they choose. They cannot be viewed by other users except the members.
- 1Photos.This is the most loved application on Facebook. You can upload and share different pictures of you and your friends or family, or whatever else you choose.Advertisement
- 2Videos.Same as with photos, Facebook users can share and upload different videos.
- 3Events.This application lets users know the latest events within their area and to form a special gathering.
- 4Marketplace.If you are into business, this is the best application for you. This permits users to post different ads.
- 5Places.This helps users know where other users are.
- 9Now you're good to go!
- 1Facebook Live.This is a streaming video channel that plans to keep users updated on what's happening on Facebook.
- 2Poke.This is proposed as a poke or push sign to get the interest or to be noticed by another user.
- 3Credits.Credits are used by players to buy specific items for their played games. These are like computer-generated currencies.
- 4Ticker.This goes to your notifications. You can instantly view your friends' posts, comments or status updates once they have posted them.
- 5Subscribe.This feature permits other users to follow public updates, especially celebrities.
- 6Hashtags.These helps users to find the topics being conversed about on the internet easily.
- 7Verified accounts.Verified accounts will get more importance in the Subscription Suggestions of Facebook.
- 8Mood faces.These are the best feature of Facebook, as they help you to express yourself freely. Facebook has many different kinds of emoticons you can use. Here are some examples:Advertisement
|Type this to show||Emoticon|
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Social Network
Recent edits by: Lynn, Eng, Pia Marie Villamante