Create a Desktop and Start Menu Shortcut for the Elder Scrolls Online Game in Windows 8
Edited by Grimm, Crystal, Eng, VisiHow
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to create a desktop shortcut and Start menu shortcut in Windows 8 for your Elder Scrolls Online game.
- 14This concludes the tutorial on how to create a desktop and Start menu shortcut for The Elder Scrolls Online game on your Windows 8 computer.If you have questions, comments or suggestions about this video or any other video, please let us know in the section below this video. Thanks for choosing VisiHow. Have a great day.
Video: Create a Desktop and Start Menu Shortcut for the Elder Scrolls Online Game in Windows 8
Questions and Answers
I bought the key code from gamestop, redeemed the code and downloaded it. Now it won't create a shortcut menu and it makes me re-download it every time to play it?
This bug is known in Elder Scrolls Online. Disable your antivirus as the first step. Never verify the client from Steam if you have the Steam copy. Also, if this is a Steam version of the game, then you have to do the following.
- 1Exit Steam.Advertisement
- 2Navigate to the Steam directory.It can be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam, for example.
- 3Rename "ClientRegistry.blob" to "ClientRegistry.blob.bak".
- 4Restart Steam.
- 5If the game still re-downloads its files, then exit Steam.
- 6Navigate to the Steam directory.It can be C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam, for example.
- 7Delete all of the files in the directory, excluding "steam.exe" and "steamapps" (a directory).
- 8Restart Steam.Advertisement
If it is not a Steam version, then you may have a couple of workarounds.
- Bypass the launcher. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client (or "NA" if you are not in "EU" (Europe)) and launch "eso.exe".
To create a shortcut for your desktop. Right-click an empty space on the desktop. Select "New" > "Shortcut" > "Browse...". Now, locate the "Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe" file. It can be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\Bethesda.net_Launcher.exe". Click "Next". Name the shortcut and confirm it.
To create a shortcut for your desktop for the client with the skipped launcher (no checking or downloading on start), right-click an empty space on the desktop. Select "New" > "Shortcut" > "Browse...". Now, locate the "eso.exe" file. It can be in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online EU\game\client". Click "Next". Name the shortcut and confirm it.
It is also possible to find a copy of the client as a torrent file and to try updating it.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Windows
Recent edits by: Eng, Crystal, Grimm