Create Secure but Easy to Remember Passwords
Edited by Christine Cruz, Eng, Doug Collins, Lynn and 3 others
"Just use my old account, I forgot the password with the new one," Robert, 43, said. "Ugh! What's my password again?" Patrick, 23, cried. Forgetting a password is a common "illness". Unfortunately, almost everything that involves with security requires you to create a password that will not only secure your valuables, but also keep them safe for an infinite time. A password is supposed to be a virtual lock, but it may seem like a key thrown in the ocean once forgotten. At that point, you have to deal with the long and tedious process of password retrieval. This process can be compared to a virtual nightmare.
To Begin With
There is no such thing as a perfect password. A committed hacker can crack any password, given enough time and the right "dictionary" or "brute force" tools. But just like breaking into a car, if the protection is strong enough, the hacker will become discouraged and commonly give up before the protection fails (Gil, 2013). On some websites, there is what we call "password strength" that lets you know how strong and secure your chosen password is. This helps you decide the password you can use. The strength of your password depends on how hard the password is to crack. Many people disregard the fact that at every single piece of data that you enter and submit on the internet, everything is subjected to be used by other people either to harm you, or for them to gain incentives. Simple indifference may lead to lot of problems. With this, passwords are created, but at the same time, it can also be your worst nightmare. Forgotten or hacked passwords will likely lead to bigger problems in the end.
How Strong is my Password?
How Can I Easily Remember Passwords?
- 1Create a password from something that is significant to you, yet is not so significant as to be recognized by the people around you. Remember, you can also make the password meaningful, but not necessarily create the password from something that is meaningful. This is the not-so-significant password.Not-So-Significant.Advertisement
- 2Creating a master password for all accounts can be risky, but in order to keep it intact, sometimes it is necessary to create a master password. Remember, once you decide to create just one master password, the security depends on the strength of the password. So, make sure you have not only a strong password, but the strongest password you can ever create.Master Password.
- 3This kind of password is also risky, but creating it the right way will decrease the chance of password hacking. Adults who have difficulty remembering passwords can create their password in a sort of patterned way, using alternation and combination.Patterned.
- 4This is the type of password that you can remember once you look far away. This can be achieved by forming a representation in your mind, using the images that you see far away from your usual place. These images will then serve as a clue for the password itself. This is a kind of password that will stay in your mind, yet no one else can figure it out.Far-Viewing.
Quirky Ways to Create Passwords
These are just some ways to create your password. You can modify, combine and even create your own, as long as you can be assured of its provided security.
- 1Using your favorite quote.
- Love is Patient.
- Love is Kind.
- A Hug is a Great Gift
- 2Using a common phrase.
- Every Good Boy Does Fine
- Love is in the Air
- 3Convert words into numbers. This works best in mobile phones.Letters to numbers.
- Emerald can be converted to 3637253
- Taylor Swift can be converted to 82956779438
- December 25, 1989 to 9891D25
- July 16, 1997 to 796170
- 5Keyboard Formation
- Letter C to EwQaZxC
- Letter V to RfVgY
Keep in Mind
- 1Passwords are supposed to keep something safe and are not meant to be lost.
- 2Do not, in any way, tell anyone your password.
- 3Just keep it to yourself, like a toothbrush.Don't trust anyone with your password.
- 4This can be dangerous.On the internet, never submit your password from one site on another site.
- 5Be wary of unsecured websites.
- 6Type as fast as possible so no one can detect your password.
- 7Do not write your password down.
- 8If possible, change your password regularly, especially if you have a master password.
- 9Then, no more forgotten passwords.Always think of your password, so it will be constantly in your mind.
- 10You will forget it faster if you worry about it.Do not fret too much about remembering passwords.Advertisement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.