Create New Workspace in Illustrator CS6
Edited by Freya, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. In this tutorial, we're going to show you how to create a new workspace in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7.
- 1To begin, you should open Adobe Illustrator CS6 either from your desktop or by coming down to the bottom-left corner and clicking the Windows icon.This will reveal a list of recently used programs. You may find Illustrator on the list. It has a brown-and-orange icon with the letters "Ai".Advertisement
- 5You can click
- "Essentials". Currently, it is selected (checked). This is the default setting, which is mostly because the tools and options are balanced rather than being specific to a particular type of project. The whole point of changing your workspace is to make your job easier. This will save you time later on;
- "Automation". It is supposedly quicker;
- "Painting". This is used to paint pictures;
- "Tracing". It works with pixel images;
- "Web". It is used for uploading to the Internet.
Let's click the "Painting" workspace. This will change the right-side toolbar.
- 28Click the name of your saved workspace.It is "Painting Test" in this video. The interface and workspace will be restored.Advertisement
This concludes our tutorial showing you how to create a new workspace in Adobe Illustrator CS6 in Windows 7. If you have any questions or queries regarding this tutorial, just add them to the comment section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow!
Video: Create New Workspace in Illustrator CS6
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Freya