Create Glamorous Curls Without Heat or Chemicals
Edited by Maureen D., Lynn, Eng, Maria and 1 other
Who would have thought that achieving amazing curly locks could be possible without the use of any harsh and damaging chemicals or heat? Give yourself the makeover you deserve and purchase some reusable curlers to transform your hair into wavy or curly locks whenever you feel like it, without destroying your hair in the process!
One way to do it is by using reusable hair curlers that are currently offered in several online shops. If you are able to get some, then here are step-by-step instructions on how to create fabulous curls! Make sure your hair has just been shampooed and is still wet, or at least damp. If your hair already has some wave, damp is good enough. If your hair is very straight, you'll have better results if your hair is wetter.
- 1Connect two pieces of hair threader together, making a long piece.Advertisement
- 3Decide which part of your hair you want to be curled and divide it into sections.
- 6Do steps 5 and 6 repeatedly until you are able to secure all the hair you want curled in curlers.
- 7The longer the curlers are left in, the longer lasting the curls will be. If the hair is even a tiny bit damp, you'll end up with no curls.Wait until your hair dries.
- 8Note, you can use gel prior to starting to achieve tighter and longer lasting curls.
Other Gentler Methods Of Curling Your Hair
- 1Using these creates smaller defined curls; just secure portions of your hair in them and leave overnight. Use a bonnet as you sleep to help tighten the curls. In the morning, when you wake up, remove all the straws and give your head a good shake to free the curls, and you are done!Drinking Straws.Advertisement
- 2Get your hair damp before doing this to create lasting curls. Simply wrap your locks around the rods, and ensure that you wrap the ends as well so you create better and more even curls.Flexi-rods.
- 3Portion your hair into small to medium sections. (It really depends whether you desire bigger or fine curls.) Take a section and wrap it in a circular motion, then press and pin them to your head securely. Set for several hours or even overnight for curls to develop.The old-fashioned pin curl method.
- 4Bantu Knots.
- Section your hair; if you want tighter curls then section them in small portions. Longer hair needs to be in smaller sections, compared to the shorter styles.
- Dampen your locks with the use of water, gel or any hydrant that you have available on hand. Hair will shape best when dampened. If you wish to apply a styler, do this by starting from the root and working all the way to the tip.
- Now it's time to roll and twist each portion of hair you made earlier and create tiny buns on the top of your head. Do not forget to secure the knots with hairpins to keep them from loosening or falling out.
Questions and Answers
Transformation of wavy curl from medium curl without chemicals and heat?
You can use those sponge curlers overnight. Choose the ones that are rather large, so that they will create medium curl only. Put them on while your hair is still a bit damp, and leave them on overnight. There is no need to apply any hair chemical or heat. It will mechanically create medium curls to your hair.
Also, you can simply put your hair into a tight bun on the top of your head before you go to sleep. When you take it out in the morning, you'll have nice wavy hair.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Maria, Eng, Lynn