Create E-commerce Website in Wordpress
Edited by Ronniel Javier, Kirk, Lynn, Eng
WordPress is the best online content management system for creating blogs, company websites and even e-commerce sites. I have been using WordPress for almost two years and I can say that this is the most user-friendly and powerful platform compared to other CMSs like Drupal and Joomla. One of the best features of WordPress is the so called Plugins that can make your site very interactive and functional . Well, in this tutorial I will teach you how to create your e-commerce website without subscribing to any expensive hosted e-commerce services or hiring a web developer.
- 1You can get a domain name in godaddy.com or namecheap.com. You can purchase it for around 10 dollars. Domain names are usually your brand name like www.yourboutique.com. Note: There are extensions like .biz .org.info. but .com is the most popular and recommended. Obtain and register your domain.Domain name.Advertisement
- 2Webhosting is the heart of your website. It is the place the actual site will reside. You can get free webhosting, but I would recommend paying for the service, since paid hosts are more reliable and have additional features. Hostgator.com or ipage.com are two affordable web hosts.Web Hosting.Advertisement
- 3Some of these themes you must pay for. But you can search for free e-commerce themes by searching on Google.com. I recommend the Wootique themes here http://www.woothemes.com/products/wootique/. WordPress themes usually comes as a zip file.Wordpress Ecommerce Theme.Advertisement
Instructions on setting up your Domain Nameserver
You can set up your domain nameserver by going to your domain account, locating your Domain Name servers and entering your webhosting Nameserver. Basically it should look like ns1.hostgator.com and ns2.hosgator.com if your web host is Hosgator. It depends on your webhosting provider. It will take about an hour for your domain to be live.
Installing your WordPress Script to your Webhost
This procedure is very simple because you will perform the one click install method to WordPress. Please go to your webhosting account and login using your credentials. After that, please locate your Softacolous icon and look for WordPress. You will see plenty of different scripts like Joomla,Phpbb and Drupal but you must only install the WordPress scripts. Enter your details and fill out the form given by WordPress before installing. Once you get Wordpress installed to your domain, then you can visit your page by typing your web address like www.yoursite.com.
Installing your Wordpress Theme
You can install your theme by logging in to your Wordpress account using your Wordpress login details. One you have logged in, go to your sidebar in appearance->themes->install themes. Once you have installed it, activate and visit your site. You can now see any changes to your themes and e-commerce theme.
Lastly, download an e-commerce plugin http://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce/ because you will need this to turn your Wordpress blog into a fully functional e-commerce Website. Now you are done making your first e-commerce site.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Install more useful plugins (like like livechat) to your site to make it more interactive .
- Upload unlimited products to your site because it has no limits if you're using unlimited disk space webhosting.
- Pay a yearly subscription to your web host, because you will get huge discounts.
- Please comment if you have any questions regarding this article.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Create E-commerce Website in Wordpress. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Create_E-commerce_Website_in_Wordpress
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Create E-commerce Website in Wordpress." VisiHow, visihow.com/Create_E-commerce_Website_in_Wordpress Accessed 23 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Create E-commerce Website in Wordpress." Accessed Jun 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Create_E-commerce_Website_in_Wordpress.
Categories : Software
Recent edits by: Lynn, Kirk, Ronniel Javier