Creamy Fettucini Alfredo
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Ephraim, Rebecca M. and 2 others
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoon chicken cube (I recommend Knorr)
- ¾ teaspoon basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ½ pack of the Fettucini
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bacon (optional)
- You will need 1 big saucepan and 1 large bowl.
Steps to Prepare
- 1For the Fettuccini:Advertisement
- Boil water in a saucepan and then add 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add Fettuccini when it is al dente drain the Fettuccini and put in a bowl
- 2For Sauce:Advertisement
- Pre-heat the saucepan and then melt the margarine
- Add milk, cream cheese, flour, chicken cubes, basil, garlic powder and ground pepper then stir.
- Continue to stir until the sauce thickens about 15 minutes
- Then in a large bowl of Fettuccini add the sauce then stir and toss
- Add Fettuccini then mix and toss
- Garnish with parsley and bacon or just simply parsley
- 1Put the cooked Creamy Fettuccini Alfredo into a plate
- 2Then garnish with parsley and bacon to make it presentableAdvertisement
- This recipe can server 6 to 8 person, if you want to make more just double the ingredients.
- It is best when served immediately. Reheating may tend to make the pasta rather soggy.
- You can be creative in terms of what other ingredients to add. For example, if you are fond of bacon, you can sprinkle it with a lot of bits. Fettucini Alfredo is a rather basic dish that can be very flexible to suit your different needs.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.