Creamy Fettucini Alfredo
Edited by Timbuktu, Eng, Ephraim, Rebecca M. and 2 others
- ¼ cup margarine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoon chicken cube (I recommend Knorr)
- ¾ teaspoon basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup milk
- ½ pack of the Fettucini
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bacon (optional)
- You will need 1 big saucepan and 1 large bowl.
Steps to Prepare
- 1For the Fettuccini:Advertisement
- Boil water in a saucepan and then add 1 tablespoon of oil
- Add Fettuccini when it is al dente drain the Fettuccini and put in a bowl
- 2For Sauce:Advertisement
- Pre-heat the saucepan and then melt the margarine
- Add milk, cream cheese, flour, chicken cubes, basil, garlic powder and ground pepper then stir.
- Continue to stir until the sauce thickens about 15 minutes
- Then in a large bowl of Fettuccini add the sauce then stir and toss
- Add Fettuccini then mix and toss
- Garnish with parsley and bacon or just simply parsley
- 1Put the cooked Creamy Fettuccini Alfredo into a plate
- 2Then garnish with parsley and bacon to make it presentable
- This recipe can server 6 to 8 person, if you want to make more just double the ingredients.
- It is best when served immediately. Reheating may tend to make the pasta rather soggy.
- You can be creative in terms of what other ingredients to add. For example, if you are fond of bacon, you can sprinkle it with a lot of bits. Fettucini Alfredo is a rather basic dish that can be very flexible to suit your different needs.