Crack an Egg With One Hand
Edited by Grimm, MsBarbs, Eng, vc
Hi, you are watching VisiHow. Today, we are going to show you how you can crack an egg with one hand. Many times when you see people crack eggs they are cracking it incorrectly. Cracking an egg incorrectly means any time in which you strike it on a hard edge. This is a bad way to crack an egg for two reasons. The first being because when you crack it on a hard edge the shell is pushed into the egg where it can break off. Then when you open the egg, it falls out with the egg and you will have a piece of shell in your egg. The second reason this is a bad idea is that the sharp edge, that cracking an egg incorrectly creates, can cut open the yoke of the egg. This would prevent you from cooking the egg in any way, which requires an intact yolk, for example, over easy.
- 2I prefer a cutting board to the counter because it is much easier for me to pick it up, put it into the sink, and wash it.You may prefer to use your counter or something else. The reason for the cutting board or a counter, as may be the case, is that you want to tap on a hard flat surface with your egg. When you do that, you are softly mashing in the side of the egg.Advertisement
- 6Now, you just put it over your bowl you move your finger and out comes the egg.Just like that, broken shell is no problem we can throw that away or I can set it on the cutting board, but I am going to go ahead and throw it in the sink. There you have the perfect little egg broken out everything easily done and that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you break an egg with one hand.
- 9The shell is kind of mangled, but it was a nice clean break, one hand and the shells are open.You are going to mess up a bit. My advice for practicing this, realistically, when you first start out is to smack the egg hard enough that you break the egg enough to where a little bit of egg white comes out. I now have three beautiful little eggs.
- 10Thank you for watching VisiHow, have a great day and enjoy cracking your own eggs.We look forward to seeing you back here in our next set of videos on cooking the eggs. We also have another demonstration on how to separate an egg white from an egg yolk, and how to get a piece of eggshell out if you do get some eggshells in your egg, nice and easy, without using a spoon or anything else. Thanks and have a great day.Advertisement
Video: Crack an Egg With One Hand
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Eng, MsBarbs, Grimm