Cover Up Bald Spots
Edited by Debbie, Timbuktu, Christine dela Cruz, Maria and 2 others
Did you wake up one morning and happen to notice when you looked in the mirror that your hair was thinning, or maybe you had a bald spot? This can be embarrassing and frustrating! So what is the cause of hair loss? There are any reasons. Hormonal changes in our body can cause it, illness such as thyroid disease causes thinning hair. Prescriptions we take warn us of side effects which can be hair loss. Also, baldness can be hereditary through the family. So what can be done for this problem? Yes, there are infomercials out there that have "promising" hair formulas that are suppose to magically regrow your hair. But we know they don't work. There is also the option of hair implants which can be very costly. So what are some easier and helpful ways we can cover these thinning areas?
- 1The hairstylist professionals are experienced, and can find ways to do a different hairstyle to cover over these bare areas.Go to a Barber or Salon.Advertisement
- 2Don't pay attention to the myth that hats cause baldness, because they don't!Wear a Hat.Advertisement
- 3Go for the NATURAL HAIR looking ones!Wear a Hair Piece.
- 4You can buy them to match the color of your hair.Hair Concealer Sprays.
Common Causes of Bald Spots
- 1In some cases, baldness or having bald spots is hereditary. You would see other members of the family having the same condition. In this case, it is more difficult to resolve this because the probability of you having it is higher.Genes.Advertisement
- 2If your diet is overall not healthy, it poses a greater risk for you to experience baldness. This is a sign of a certain form of malnutrition, in which certain parts of the body are not getting the right nutrients in order to function well. Consider what you eat and get rid of junk food which is not good for your body.Diet.
- 3If you live in a cold place, the tendency is to go on hot showers all the time. However, this is not good for the hair. It makes hair strands weak and it destroys the roots of the hair. You would notice that after using hot water to shower, you see a lot of lose hair on your drain.Showering with hot water.
- 4If you wear cap too often, your hair is not able to breathe normally. Caps also cause some level of stress to the hair, because it pushes the hair down. Avoid using very tight caps and if you can completely avoid wearing it, do so.Wearing cap too often.
- 5Maybe you do not spend that much time to read your shampoo label, but it is indeed crucial to do this, especially if your hair and scalp are rather sensitive. Just buying any shampoo won't work all the time and it might cause some damage to your hair. You need to know the type of hair you have as well as the condition of your scalp. Based on that, choose the most appropriate shampoo. Test it for a few days and if it works well for you, you can keep on using it.Inappropriate shampoo.
- 6If you tend to go for a lot of salon treatments all the time, you become more prone to bald spots. The chemicals that salons use could be harsh to the hair in the long run and will not promote hair growth. It's even worse when you become allergic to any of the components of those chemicals. You may develop allergy spots which can lead to bald spots when it gets worse.Use of too many chemicals on the hair.
- 7If you tend to pull your hair strongly when you comb or do not use the right comb, you may traumatize your hair follicles and eventually develop bald spots. It would be worthwhile to use the right combs such as detanglers and wide-tooth comb for wet hair. The less stress you apply onto your hair, the better.Improper combing of hair.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- Eat Protein Rich Foods to Slow your Hair Loss.
- Rub Aloe Vera into your Scalp at Night. This is effective to prevent hair loss.
Questions and Answers
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Eng, Maria, Christine dela Cruz