Correct Phone Number Problems with iMessage on iPhone 6
Edited by Grimm, Robert, Eng
Hi, welcome to VisiHow. In today's tutorial, I'm going to teach you how to correct phone number problems using the iMessage system on the iPhone 6.
- 18This should include the country and region, or area code as well. For example, if you were in Washington, DC in the United States you would enter in +1 and then the area code for Washington, DC, which is 202. Alternatively, if you live overseas as I do, you are going to enter a different code. In this example, we use that code.Enter in your full phone number.
- 25The reason I'm restarting the phone is to make sure the system has enough time to reset itself. Sometimes we can be a bit impatient with technological devices. Therefore, it is important that we wait a few minutes to make sure everything updates properly.Press and hold the 'Power button' or 'Lock button' located on the right side of the phone, and swipe on-screen button to power off the phone.
- 26The other reason I am restarting the phone is that sometimes phone settings, even when they are deleted, do not actually delete or may take a little time to update. Any time a technology related product is not functioning the way you want it to, restarting it should always be one of your first troubleshooting options.Press and hold 'Lock button' again, until you see a white apple appear on the screen, at which point your phone is restarting.
- 33As we can see, our correct phone number has now been listed here at the top. This corrected phone number will allow me to use iMessage through the messaging service. It may take a moment for it to activated, as sometimes the server system is not as quick as we would like it to be. However, as you saw, my phone number has now been correctly updated activated and synchronized with the iMessage servers on the Apple side. Tap the arrow in the top left to return to the 'Settings' panel.Your phone number should now be correct.
- 37If we type in another contact we will see it become highlighted green, which indicates it can not send as an iMessage and only as a standard SMS. Removing the second contact changes the setting back to iMessage.After we choose a number or contact to send a message to, we can see that the blue highlight indicates that it is an iMessage that will be sent.
- 39If you have any questions or comments please leave them in the section below. Thank you for choosing VisiHow.This concludes our tutorial on how to correct problems with your iMessage phone number when using the iPhone 6.Advertisement
Video: Correct Phone Number Problems with iMessage on iPhone 6
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Correct Phone Number Problems with iMessage on iPhone 6. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Correct_Phone_Number_Problems_with_iMessage_on_iPhone_6
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Correct Phone Number Problems with iMessage on iPhone 6." VisiHow, visihow.com/Correct_Phone_Number_Problems_with_iMessage_on_iPhone_6 Accessed 24 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Correct Phone Number Problems with iMessage on iPhone 6." Accessed Apr 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Correct_Phone_Number_Problems_with_iMessage_on_iPhone_6.
Categories : IPhone
Recent edits by: Robert, Grimm