Copy Links from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Edited by Lukward Thomason, Ash0hley, Eng, PeterC and 1 other
Hi. You're watching VisiHow, and this is a tutorial on how to copy links from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computers.
- 7Thank you for watching VisiHow. If you have any other comments or questions, please leave them in the "Comments" section below.This concludes our tutorial on how to copy links from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 computers.
Video: Copy Links from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10
Questions and Answers
Used to drag and drop links from Chrome into Explorer. now it doesn't seem to do that. Tutorial says save as link file. I have tried: Drag and drop, copy and paste. I think it was caused by: New browser - may have to use Chrome instead
At the moment, Edge, unlike most browsers, does not support dragging links into its window. You will have to copy and paste the links into Edge. The tutorial also mentioned saving URLs as "link files", which means desktop shortcuts. To create a desktop URL shortcut, follow the instructions below.
- 1Highlight the link in the browser by clicking onto the address bar once and pressing "Ctrl" + "C" or right-clicking a hypertext and selecting "Copy link".Advertisement
- 2Minimize your Windows to see your desktop, for example.
- 3Right click an empty area on the desktop and select "New" and "Shortcut".
- 4You can paste the link by pressing "Ctrl" + "V".Paste the buffer contents into the "Type the location of the item".
- 5Click "Next".
- 6Name a shortcut if you want.
- 7Your shortcut (a link file) will be created.Click "Finish".Advertisement
How to send web page via text to cellphone?
I want to send a web page to a cellphone
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Copy Links from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 30, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Copy_Links_from_Microsoft_Edge_on_Windows_10
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Copy Links from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10." VisiHow, visihow.com/Copy_Links_from_Microsoft_Edge_on_Windows_10 Accessed 30 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Copy Links from Microsoft Edge on Windows 10." Accessed May 30, 2017. http://visihow.com/Copy_Links_from_Microsoft_Edge_on_Windows_10.