Cook a Pasta Dish with Only Three Ingredients
Edited by Kathleen, Rebecca M., Jonathan, Lynn and 1 other
Spaghetti, Carbonara, Bolognese, Alfredo and Puttanesca are just some of the pasta dishes that most of us enjoy. Pasta is a one of our sources of carbohydrates, especially for people who do not like eating rice and bread. It has been a consistent part of our festivities and celebrations, may it be a birthday, wedding, anniversary or just a simple dinner with our loved ones. This may be because it is readily available in stores and it is easy to prepare. In addition to this, it is also versatile because it can be presented in different forms and served with a good array of sauces (red or white; tomato-based or oil-based). We have been accustomed to pasta dishes with red or white sauce, plus ground meat and cheese. You can also choose whether you want to make it sweet or spicy.
Basically, it is always your call when it comes to pasta dishes. You can always add a little less of this and a little more of that.
If you are one of those who are already tired of the usual pasta sauces and probably on a tight budget, here is a delicious and unique pasta recipe for you. It will only take around 15 minutes of your time or maybe even less. Have I mention that you will only be needing three ingredients for this dish? Yes! You read it right – THREE ingredients only. Here is how.
- 1 kilo of pasta
- 300 grams canned tuna
- 5 pieces large tomatoes.
- 3 pieces white or red onion
- 2While waiting for the pasta to cook, you may now start preparing the other ingredients.Advertisement
- 6Top it with tuna, tomatoes and onions you prepared beforehand then serve.Once you are done with this, you may now put the pasta in a plate.Advertisement
- This is a good recipe to serve in a gathering or event. You can ask your guests to serve themselves since the amount of tomatoes, onions and tuna they want on their dish really depends on them.
- You may use other types of pasta aside from spaghetti like fettuccini, macaroni or penne.
- If you find the taste blunt, you may put some salt and pepper.
- Another way to make it a little salty is to add cheese. You can do this as well.
- Never overcook your pasta.
- You may play around with the ingredients and add some more to it. If you want to bite something while eating, then you can add more tomatoes. If you want it spicier, add in more red onions.
- If the pasta looks somewhat dry because there is not enough oil from the canned tuna, you may drizzle some olive oil.
- Parmesan cheese goes well with any pasta dish because its taste blends well with the pasta. Parmesan cheese is not salty and not sweet. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on the pasta in the quantity you like.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Cook a Pasta Dish with Only Three Ingredients. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 27, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Cook_a_Pasta_Dish_with_Only_Three_Ingredients
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Cook a Pasta Dish with Only Three Ingredients." VisiHow, visihow.com/Cook_a_Pasta_Dish_with_Only_Three_Ingredients Accessed 27 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Cook a Pasta Dish with Only Three Ingredients." Accessed Mar 27, 2017. http://visihow.com/Cook_a_Pasta_Dish_with_Only_Three_Ingredients.