Cook Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers
Edited by sheryl hernandez, Graeme, Robbi, Lynn and 2 others
Stuffed peppers are traditionally created using ground meat such as beef, pork or lamb, and a few other ingredients. However, they don't have to include meat. There are other sources of protein that can be used, some of which are far more healthy than ground meat.
This is a slightly healthier vegetarian version of stuffed peppers that offers a great source of protein, tofu, as well as some healthy veggies in the mix - a healthy dish for all of us!
Substitute in some of your own favorite veggies if you're not a fan of eggplant and use your imagination to create a new version that you love.
To Make Stuffed Peppers You Will Need:
- 13 pieces large bell peppers,seeded and blanchedAdvertisement
- 2200 grams button mushroom, cut into small piecesAdvertisement
- 3200 grams eggplant, cut into small pieces
- 45 cloves garlic, minced
- 51 medium size onion, minced
- 6200 grams cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 71 cup Parmesan cheese
- 81 cup bread crumbs
- 9200 grams tofu, cut into cubes
- 102 teaspoons olive oil
Procedure to Make Stuffed Peppers
- 1Heat the pan on medium heat, and then put in the 2 teaspoons olive oil.Advertisement
- 2Add the minced garlic, and cook until it turns golden brown.
- 3Add the minced onion, and then you can put in all the remaining ingredients except the bell peppers, Parmesan cheese, and the bread crumbs.
- 4Since it is only vegetables, it will be very easy to cook, so you only need to simmer it for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5After the veggies are cooked, you can now assemble your stuffed bell peppers.
- 6Get the blanched bell peppers, and put 1 to 2 spoonfuls of the filling into each bell pepper.
- 7Then add a little of the bread crumbs, and the Parmesan cheese.
- 8Put the bell peppers in the baking dish.
- 9Cover the baking dish with foil.
- 10After that, remove the foil.Bake it for 10-15 minutes.
- 11You can now serve it to your loved ones. Serve it hot. Enjoy!!!Bake it again until the cheese is melted.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Cook Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Cook_Vegetable_Stuffed_Bell_Peppers
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Cook Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers." VisiHow, visihow.com/Cook_Vegetable_Stuffed_Bell_Peppers Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Cook Vegetable Stuffed Bell Peppers." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Cook_Vegetable_Stuffed_Bell_Peppers.