Cook Spanish Style Stuffed Fish
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Rebecca M., Graeme, Lynn and 2 others
One of the most difficult questions that you are asked during the course of the day is "What's for dinner?" If you're like the average person, cooking the meal isn't nearly as hard as finding something unique and tempting and healthy for your family.
Here is something that gives you all of the above and will be a treat that your family and friends are going to love.
If you are tired of preparing ordinary fried fish recipe for your family, try something new for a change. You might enjoy cooking this stuffed fish with cheese sauce instead. It's a savory main dish that you can serve your family for a lovely change of pace.
- 11 whole grouper (approximately 1/2 to 1 kilo)Advertisement
- 21 large red onionAdvertisement
- 34 pieces bacon
- 42 pieces fresh shrimp
- 51/4 cup grated cheese
- 63 pieces loaf bread
- 71/3 cup white wine
- 84 cloves garlic
- 94 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 101/4 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 111/2 teaspoon salt
- 121/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 132 tablespoons calamansi or lime juice
Note: Photos below are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this dish. You can always change things according to what you prefer.
- 2This will act as a rub for the fish.Mix together the 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper and 2 tablespoons lime juice.
- 4Set aside.Rub both the inside and the outside of the fish with the prepared rubbing mixture.
- 6Dice the bread.
- 7In a wok, melt the butter or margarine.
- 8Stir.Add in the minced onion and the chopped shrimp and bacon.
- 9Add the white wine and the ground black pepper.
- 10Drop in the diced bread.
- 11The bacon and cheese will give the stuffing its saltiness; if you are not content with the taste you can add more salt if you want.Remove the wok from the fire and add the grated cheese.
- 12Divide the mixture into two.
- 13Stuff the fish with the first half of the mixture.
- 14Cover with foil or cheesecloth.Place the fish in a baking pan and add 1/2 cup of water and 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine.
- 15You can also steam the fish if you want to.Bake in the oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for a half hour or more.
The pictures are just sample photos on how to execute a certain procedure.
- 11/4 cup grated cheeseAdvertisement
- 22 tablespoons flour
- 31/2 cup water
- 1On low heat, melt the butter with the flour in a saucepan.
- 2Stir.Gradually add the water.
- 3Add the fish stock.
- 4Remove the pan from the heat, then add the grated cheese.
The fish stock will come from the reduce 1/2 cup of water that you put in the baking pan when you cooked the fish.
- 1Place the cooked fish into a dish.
- 2Sprinkle the other half of the stuffing mixture on top and on the sides of the fish.
- 3Drizzle the salsa on top.
- 4You can serve it hot or cold, as you desire.Serve.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Cook Spanish Style Stuffed Fish. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Cook_Spanish_Style_Stuffed_Fish
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Cook Spanish Style Stuffed Fish." VisiHow, visihow.com/Cook_Spanish_Style_Stuffed_Fish Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Cook Spanish Style Stuffed Fish." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Cook_Spanish_Style_Stuffed_Fish.
Categories : Meats & Main Dishes
Recent edits by: Robbi, Lynn, Graeme