Cook Roast Beef with Yorkshire Puddings
Edited by mahalia jovita b. bugasto, Karan Khanna, Robbi, Lynn and 2 others
Roast beef with traditional English Yorkshire pudding is one of the special preparations for every Sunday dinner during the winters, especially if you want to impress all of your guests, now that the winter celebrations are here again! This is a popular dish thanks to the fact that it is the national and traditional recipe of Great Britain and which is loved by almost every person. If you want to find out how to cook roast beef perfectly, we have the step-by-step guide and some tips which you'll definitely find useful. This recipe is possible to prepare both easily and rapidly.
Let's have a look at the ingredients which you will need for preparing the perfect roast beef with Yorkshire pudding.
- A Fore rib beef which is about 4 Kg.
- Olive oil.
- Salt and lack pepper which was freshly grounded.
For the Yorkshire pudding, you'll need the following:
- 3 eggs
- 115 g flour
- 275 ml milk
- Beef dripping
- 1After you are sure that you have all of the ingredients, you can preheat the oven to the highest setting it has.Advertisement
- 2Then you mix the milk and the eggs separately in a jug. After you're done with this, add the mixture to the bowl (in which you have the flour and salt mixture) and mix it until it becomes smooth. Cover the entire mixture and leave to rest for 30 minutes.In order to prepare the Yorkshire pudding, the first thing you need to do is to place salt and flour in a bowl.Advertisement
- 3Meanwhile, you need to have half of the olive oil high heated in a roasting pan. Place the beef in the preheated roasting pan with the oil and cook both sides of the meat for approximately 2-3 minutes or until it gets browned all over. Then remove the beef from heat.Take the beef and season it with salt and the freshly cracked pepper.
- 4Season the potato with salt and pepper. After done, place the potato next to the beef in the roasting pan. The beef and potato together should be cooked approximately 40 minutes. Then remove the oven.Place the potato into a separate bowl in which you'll out the rest of the olive oil.
- 5It needs to be left to rest for 30 minutes.Once you're done with cooking, you can remove the beef on a separate carving board and cover it with foil.
- 6The Yorkshire pudding obtained from the potato and milk, salt and peer mixture should be left in the refrigerator to rest for 12 hours.Advertisement
There are numerous tips to consider for this special British recipe. We will see some tips separately for the Yorkshire pudding, the beef, the cooking temperature, the way of cooking and resting.
- Things to know about Yorkshire pudding
- Yorkshire pudding is compared with popover, as they're similar. A lot of people used to bake the Yorkshire pudding in separate cups but it's rather indicated to bake in a pan. It needs to be baked until it gets golden and puffed and then to be cut into squares and served together with the roast beef.
- Tips for the beef
- In order to obtain cooking the perfect beef, you need to know how it should actually be. First of all, you need to know that the beef should be dark in color, meaning that it's mature.
- If you want to prevent the drying of the beef, you'll also know that it's important to add a thick coverage of fat on the beef. This thick coverage also gives a special taste of the beef. There's no need to be concerned about fat in excess because the coverage can be removed from the beef just before serving!
- You can also add small slivers of fat during the cooking of the beef. This has the same role: to prevent drying out during cooking.
- With time, if you'll decide to prepare this dish more times, you will get used of the amount of beef to buy as well. If you bought too much beef for the first time, there's no need to be worried because cold roast beef can be added to sandwiches and tastes fantastic!
- About the cooking temperature
- The proper temperature on which the beef should be cooked varies. However, it is indicated to start cooking on a very hot oven for the first 30 minutes and then to reduce temperature for the remaining cooking time.
- The cooking time of the beef depends on your preferences (how `pink` you like to eat the beef).
- How to cook the beef correctly?
- Before cooking, the beef should be prepared at room temperature. The oven temperature settlement is described above.
- Let it Rest
- In order to avoid drying out the beef, you also need to know how to leave it for rest. After cooked, the beef needs to be covered with aluminum foil and put on one side.
- Serving the roast beef and the Yorkshire pudding*
- Usually, Yorkshire pudding is served separately with gravy and represents the starter dish. Only then they serve the beef with vegetables. But our recipe doesn't contain vegetables; here, we serve Yorkshire pudding together with roast beef.
- It's not crucial that this recipe can be served only on Sundays. You can serve it whenever you want.
- Roast beef warnings
- There are several warnings related to the cooking process of roast beef. Although being a delicious and traditional British dish, most of the people don't know how to cook it without drying it out. The meat is chewy and difficult to carve if the beef joint is overdone.
- To lower your food-borne illness-related risks, the internal temperature for cooking should be at least 145 degrees.
- Yorkshire pudding warnings
- Be careful with the Yorkshire pudding for diabetic people. They're limited to a certain amount of this dish to consume!
- If you don't want to ruin the flavor of the pudding, don't use corn flour. Instead of this, use wheat flour.
- If you're willing to cook the pudding in form of muffins, you shouldn't open the oven in the first 25 minutes of cooking. The total cooking time is about 30-35 minutes, but if you choose to open the oven too early, you might risk the puddings to fall. It needs to be cooked until it has a golden brown color.
- This is just a great roast beef and Yorkshire pudding recipe! Respect all these steps ad tips and you will not disappoint your guest; the food will simply melt in their mouth!
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Meats & Main Dishes
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Robbi