Cook Healthy Meatless Boulognese Spaghetti
Edited by Rafah Perlado, Robbi, Lynn, Eng and 1 other
Spaghetti Bolognese is one of the the most tempting dishes that you can find.
This one has a nice twist in that it is a healthy meatless Bolognese recipe that is designed for those who are health conscious, or even the person who is practicing a vegan or a vegetarian lifestyle.
- 11 kilo spaghetti pastaAdvertisement
- 22 bulbs of medium red onion, mincedAdvertisement
- 36 cloves of garlic, minced
- 41 big can Veg-e-Burger
- 51 big can button mushrooms, sliced into desired thickness
- 61 large bottle Bolognese sauce (any brand you prefer)
- 71 200 grams sachet or can tomato paste
- 8Olive oil for sauteing and cooking the pasta
- 9Salt and pepper to taste
- 10White sugar, to balance the flavor
- 11Grated cheese (any variety you prefer)
- 12Fresh basil (optional)
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this dish. You can always change things according to your liking.
- 1Boil generous amount of water in a pot.Advertisement
- 2Add about 2/4 cup of olive oil.
- 3Note: Salt will give the pasta its flavor, so don't hold back.Add 2 tablespoons of salt or more.
- 4Drop the pasta and continue stirring until al dente.
- 5Drain, but don't rinse with cold water.
How to Determine 'Al Dente'
- Get a strand of the pasta and throw it on a vertical marble or polished surface. If it sticks and doesn't drop, it is already cooked to perfection.
- You can also taste it. If it's firm but chewy, it is al dente.
- 2Add the Veg-e-Burger and cook until the Veg-e-Burger changes color to light brown, which should take about 5 to 6 minutes.
- 4Note:Put 1/4 cup of water in the Bolognese bottle to get all the flavors left, then add in the cooking sauceAdd in the store-bought Bolognese sauce.
- 5Add the tomato paste.
- 6Simmer for another 10 minutes.
- 7Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 8If it tastes too sour for your liking, you can always add white sugar to balance the taste.Advertisement
- You can combine all the sauces with the pasta if you want to, or you can just serve it separately.
- Top each serving with grated cheese of your choice and fresh basil (optional).
- Serve while hot.
- You can also prepare garlic bread to go with this dish.
- Finely grate or puree a good amount of peeled garlic.
- Add butter (room temperature).
- You may also add finely chopped parsley (optional).
- Combine with a fork until well blended.
- Spread on a bread of your choice.
- Toast until golden brown.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Cook Healthy Meatless Boulognese Spaghetti. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Cook_Healthy_Meatless_Boulognese_Spaghetti
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Cook Healthy Meatless Boulognese Spaghetti." VisiHow, visihow.com/Cook_Healthy_Meatless_Boulognese_Spaghetti Accessed 23 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Cook Healthy Meatless Boulognese Spaghetti." Accessed Apr 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Cook_Healthy_Meatless_Boulognese_Spaghetti.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Eng, Lynn, Robbi