Cook Filipino Style Spaghetti
Edited by Rose B, Ephraim, Eng, Anonymous and 3 others
Our kids sometimes can be choosy when it comes to food. Mostly they want their food to be sweet and not consist of too strong flavoring and herbs. This recipe is the perfect dish that you can serve to your kids. It has a meaty, cheesy and sweet taste that our kids will surely love. Great as their main dish or snacks for mid afternoon.
- 11 kg spaghetti noodlesAdvertisement
- 21000 ml spaghetti sauceAdvertisement
- 3500 ml banana ketchup
- 41 small garlic head, minced
- 53 small onion bulbs, minced
- 6500 grams ground beef
- 72 knorr beef cubes
- 810 pieces hot dogs or sausages
- 9salt and pepper to taste
- 10cooking oil
- 111 cup of water
Note: Photos above are just sample brands of the ingredients. This does not mean that the same brands are needed in preparing this dish. You can always change things according to your liking.
- 1Heat the saucepan and put a tablespoon of cooking oil.Advertisement
- 2Saute the garlic and onion.Put in the onion first cook for a minute before adding the garlic.
- 3Add the ground beef and beef cubes.Let the ground beef cook for 5 minutes before adding the beef cubes. Stir until the beef cubes dissolves.
- 4After 3 minutes add 1 cup of water.
- 5Let it boil for about 30 minutes.
- 6While waiting for the beef to be cooked, boil 2 liter of water with salt and oil.Be generous in adding salt because this gives the pasta its' flavor.
- 7Boil the noodles for 13 minutes or until al dente.When we say al dente, it is when the pasta is cooked to its perfection. Get a string of pasta, taste it. If its firm but chewy it is done.
- 8Keep stirring the noodles to make sure it will not stick at the bottom.
- 9Drain the noodles, then set aside.DO NOT pass through running water.
- 10Once the beef is cooked, add the hot dogs and cook it for 5 minutes.
- 11Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- 12Add the spaghetti sauce and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 13Add the banana ketchup and simmer for another 5 minutes..
- 14Once the sauce is cooked, you can already add the noodles.
- 15Put some grated cheese and serve.Advertisement
Tips & Tricks
- You can add some more spaghetti sauce or banana ketchup depending on what taste you prefer.
- Add oil in the water when you boil so that the noodles will not stick together.
- If you want a creamy spaghetti sauce you can add 1 cup of cream or all purpose cream.
- You can use any variety of cheese according to your liking.
- You can decrease the amount of meat if you are not fond of meats.
- You can also use veg-e-burger to completely replace the meat.
- You can also make use of sausage instead of the hot dogs.
- Balance the sweet and sour taste to make it a perfect Filipino Style Spaghetti. To balance the flavor you can add sugar to the sauce.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Cooking
Recent edits by: Rebecca M., Rafah Perlado, Anonymous