Convert Media (Video/Audio/Photo) Files from one format to another + Other useful features
Edited by Eng, Charmed, Nuance, vc
I have used, and I'm still using several programs to change and convert types of Media files into another format, and also to manipulate movies and rip music off movie DVD, and a lot other interesting actions. Today I found a very powerful application that combines a lot of useful features for those who need to manipulate their media files. The program is called "FormatFactory".
Tour of the Program
It is supported by iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry and PSP formats.
- 1You can download it HERE.Advertisement
- 3The main features of the program are:
- Convert Media Files like Videos, Audios, photos from one format to another. ##Reduce Media file size.
- Manipulate photos in Zooming and Rotating.
- Rip DVD.
A Tour of Each Category
Next we will tour each main category in more details.
- 1As you can see from above photo, on the left part there are many formats to change to like MP4, AVI, 3GP, WMV, MPG, MOV, FLV, and SWF.Advertisement
- 2On the right part is the Source file.Source file.
- You can drag and drop your video files there.
- Once you drag and drop your source file, a Converting settings window will appear where you can select the output file format, like AVI, or WMV... etc. (marked Red Arrow).
- You may also change the default output file location, click on "Change" button. After that you must click on the "OK" button.
- 4THIS will RIP the sound track from the video source file. If I choose another video format, the program will convert the video into that selected format.As you can see from above photo I chose (MP3) output format (marked in Blue).
- 5You will get a window where you can change and alter many factors and settings for the Output Format, Like Video Size, Bitrate, and FPS (frames per second), etc. You can set the parameters that suit your needs, and save those in a new format file or option using the "Save As" button (marked in Blue).If you click on the "Mobile Device" button.
- 1As shown in above photo the pre-set output formats are: MP3, WMA, Flac, AAC, MMF, AMR, M4A, M4R, OFF, WAV, and WV.
- 2It will launch the WMA convert window, where you can add the source file by clicking the "Add File" (marked in Green), or even add a folder by clicking on "Add Folder" (marked in Red). When you click on it, you can set a filter to select Audio files available in that folder to include into the conversion process (marked in Red).If you click, for example on WMA button.
Picture (photo) Tab
- 1(marked in Red).The pre-set output format are JPG, PNG, ICO, BMP, GIF, TIF, PCX, and TGA.
ROM Device\DVD\CD\ISO Tab
- 1Select the needed action from the left part buttons (marked in Red), so you can:This is the RIP Category.
- RIP or convert a DVD into Video File.
- Convert a Music CD into an Audio File.
- Convert a DVD/CD into ISO/CSO file.
- Convert between ISO and CSO files. # Let us try the DVD to Video File, clicking on the button will launch the "DVD to Video File" window. A Movie DVD is already in the DVD Device (marked in Yellow). I changed the Output Title to "AVENGERS", selected the Output to MP4, Subtitle Language to EN. Now all I need to do is hit "Convert" (marked in Red).
- 1This is a very special tab, where you can:
- Join Videos.
- Join Audios.
- Mix or Dub Video and Music files.
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- 1Shut Down Computer". This is especially important if you are converting a huge size file or lots of files, which will take a lot of time to finish, so you do not need to stay up until the process is finished to shut down your computer.One very useful feature is to tick the "After Converting:Advertisement
- 2like an unsaved Word file or anything else that might need your personal prompt once the shut down is due.When you select "Shut Down"", make sure there is no pending to save files other than the converting process is there, i.e.
- 3The Drag & Drop feature is applicable in all windows of source file locating.
- 4You may also "Water Mark" the output file, to do so,
- After you Drag and Drop the Source file, Click on the "Setting" Button (marked in Red).
- In the window that's showing, scroll down to "Watermark" and click on the expand [+] mark.
- Click on the Browse button (marked in Red Hexagon) to select the watermark picture, then select the position.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Application
Recent edits by: Nuance, Charmed, Eng