Control Screen Timeout on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Edited by Grimm, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. This is a tutorial on how to increase screen timeout on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2.
- 1If you're having trouble with your lock screen closing or disappearing too fast and want to increase the timeout, then go to the home screen of your Galaxy Tab and swipe down from the top.When the notification panel appears, locate the gear-shaped icon in the upper right corner. Tap on this icon once to open the settings panel.Advertisement
- 3One of the options in the "Display" menu is "smart stay"."Smart stay" will allow the screen to detect your face. Once your face is detected, as long as the screen is facing you, your phone will not close. This setting will work even if your phone is on the lock screen. Tap on "smart stay" one time.
- 4A set of instructions will appear on the screen, letting you know that the front facing camera detects your face when you are looking at your phone."Smart stay" works best when it is held steady, in good lighting, and when the camera is not being used by another application. To turn this feature on, tap the switch in the top right hand corner one time.
- 5The switch will turn green, letting us know that "smart stay" is now turned on.With "smart stay" turned on, you can press the home button on your device one time to return to the home screen.Advertisement
This has been a VisiHow tutorial on how to increase screen timeout on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. If you're having trouble increasing lock screen timeout or enabling smart stay on your Galaxy Tab, then simply leave your questions, comments or suggestions in the area below and we'll do our best to get back to you. Thanks for choosing VisiHow! Have a great day!
Video: Control Screen Timeout on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Grimm