Conquer Stage Fright in Singing
Edited by Toradze, VisiHow, Eng, Anonymous
You're watching VisiHow. This is a video tutorial series on how to sing. In the previous tutorial, we discussed how to sing without nasality. In this tutorial, we will teach you how to overcome stage fright while singing.
- 1Stage fright is a major problem for some singers.Before you go on stage, you may be nervous or anxious, or you may have built a psychological wall that you are not going to perform well. These feelings and negative thoughts will have an effect on your performance, and you probably will not perform at your best under these circumstances. Being nervous is not necessarily a bad thing, as it is a human trait. Being nervous and afraid can be good too. It is good that we are scared under certain control. Even though you are nervous, you can still be prepared. Being nervous keeps as alive and gives us energy. Stage fright is a different thing. It is something that you need to conquer. Reach down into yourself: you have to be yourself and comfortable with this fright. You have to assure yourself that you are going to do it. To understand stage fright, you need to understand yourself first.Advertisement
- 3You also need to sing in a variety of different settings, such as in the shower or in front of the mirror, and for different audiences, such as your friends and your family.Singing for smaller groups of close friends and family will motivate you to prepare you to sing confidently in front of large crowds. You have to assure yourself that being yourself will help you to sing, that you will be comfortable with it, and that you will be happy afterwards. No matter what the result is, you just need to break down the psychological barrier with your consciousness.
- 4It is important to find your inner strength and take a risk to sing in front of people.A couple of mistakes is all what you can make, and it does not make you lose anything. Remember that when you are singing, you need to find your inner strength and concentrate on your breathing and support as well. Breathe using your diaphragm. Give your lungs space to breathe. This will give is better concentration in order to conquer stage fright.
- 5Breathing will also help you relax.When you are practicing, try to imagine yourself on the biggest stage in the world. Imagine you are performing even when practicing with a teacher or in front of the mirror alone. Concentrate on how nervous you feel in front of the mirror, which should be imagined as the biggest stage in the world. Now, you will have the confidence in your own room. Then, you will be better prepared when you finally do perform on stage.Advertisement
This was a tutorial on how to conquer stage fright while singing. Please make sure to view our next tutorial on how to improve the color (or tone) of your voice. If you have any questions or comments, please leave them in the section below. Thank you for watching VisiHow!
Video: Conquer Stage Fright in Singing
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Music
Recent edits by: Eng, VisiHow, Toradze