Connect your webhost account using Filezilla FTP Client
Edited by Ronniel Javier, Lynn, Charmed, Eng
Connecting your web host account using FileZilla is a great way to transfer or move your website to another server, upload your scripts, and copy any content from your server. The left side is your local site, which is actually your computer file, and the right side is your remote site, which is your web host server. Connecting your web hosting account using FileZilla is very easy and can be done in just a minutes. So let's get started.
- 1Download FileZilla FTP Client.It's free and you can get it here -- https://filezilla-project.org/ .Advertisement
- 2Open your FileZilla.Open it and click the file tab and choose "Site manager".Advertisement
- 3Set up your account.From your site manager, click the "New site" button. From your General tab and host, put in your web domain (like VisiHow.com) and your port should be left blank. Leave the default settings on "Protocol" and "Encryption", and change the logon type to "Normal". Input the account credentials of your web hosting account and hit "OK". Look at the screenshots below to follow.
- 4Use "Quick connect".By using this feature, you can easily connect your web hosting server in one click. To do this, just fill in your host, username, password and leave your port blank, then hit the "Quick connect" button.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Networking
Recent edits by: Charmed, Lynn, Ronniel Javier