Connect an Apple TV Device to your HDTV
Edited by Nate Pepperell, Lynn, Graeme, Christine Cruz and 2 others
Connecting an Apple TV device to your HDTV is a great way to stream and view content on the internet. You can also use Apple TV to connect and sync your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch to your HDTV so that you can play games, listen to music from your iTunes library and view content on the much larger screen of your HDTV. This article will show you how to connect an Apple TV device to your HDTV.
Connect An Apple TV device to your HDTV
- 3Connect to your network via Ethernet cable or via WiFi.If you choose the WiFi option, your Apple TV will scan for available WiFi networks. Find your network, enter your password, and then select "Done." If you have entered your details correctly, Apple TV should automatically connect to your network.
- 5Enable Home Sharing on your main computer.If you enable Home Sharing, you will be able to stream content from your iTunes library and then have it displayed on your HDTV. You can connect and surf the internet without enabling Home Sharing but you will be able to perform more functions with Apple TV if you do enable Home Sharing. You can sign into Home Sharing using your main iTunes account.
- 6You are now connected!Your Apple TV should now be connected to your WiFi network, the internet, your iTunes account and your HDTV. Now you can listen to music, watch the latest TV shows and movies, play games and stream content from your iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch - all on the wide screen of your HDTV.
How to Connect an Apple TV Device to the HDTV
Indeed, when it comes to technological advancements, Apple is one of the best in the industry. Suffice to say, it turns the imagination of people into a reality. When it comes to Apple products, among the most sought after ones today is Apple TV. This particular Apple crowning glory is a digital media player- just to clarify the wrong connotation about it that it is a television.
It is crafted to play the digital content from but not limited to:
- 3iTunes Store
- 4Hulu plus
- 6Disney Channel
- 8Watch ESPN
In majority of cases, for as little as one hundred bucks, one could have an Apple TV. From watching the pictures through a slide-show format, to setting music from the owner's iTunes account, and other cool features, Apple TV can provide it. However, there are a lot of people, especially who have an Apple TV, who want to know how to annex this device to their HDTV. Imagine, Apple TV connected to a High- Definition Television, it would certainly be an optimum entertainment.
Contents of the Box
Before actually knowing the process of connecting the Apple TV to HDTV, one should know first what is included in the box. In the tiny box of Apple TV, user can find:
- 1Power Cord
- 2Apple TV unit
- 3Aluminum Remote Control
- 4And the Set up Guide
However, there is one item that is not included in the box, which is relevant in connecting Apple TV in the HDTV- the HDMI cable. Nevertheless, Apple TV users can purchase it from local shops, as well as online. The HDMI cable could be used with each and every HDMI device, and typically, it has a length of 1.8 m or 5.9 foot.
Connecting Apple TV to the HDTV
- 1In order to annex the Apple TV to the HDTV, the user should use an HDMI cable.After connecting the Apple TV to the HDTV, the logo of Apple will be shown on the screen.
- 2The user then needs to select the language setting.In order to accomplish this task, the user needs to utilize the remote control of Apple TV.
- 3The next thing to do is that the user should connect to his/her network through WiFi or through an Ethernet cable.If the user prefers to use the WiFi, the Apple TV will then search for the user's WiFi network. Once Apple TV has found the network, the user should input his/her password, and then hit on "done" option. The Apple TV device will then be connected to the internet network.
- 4The user should then choose the diagnostics settings.He/she should select whether to ascertain diagnostic info or not. Among the most common diagnostic information are system crashes and running problems.
- 5On the main computer, the user should actuate the Home Sharing.Through this way, the user could stream the content from his/her iTunes library, which will eventually be shown on the HDTV. Yes, the user could connect, as well as surf the WWW without the need to enable Home Sharing however; in order to accomplish more tasks with Apple TV, Home Sharing must be enabled. User could sign in to his/her Home Sharing through his/her primary iTunes account.
- 6Apple TV and HDTV are now connected.Advertisement
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Apple TV
Recent edits by: estrella sacragon, Christine Cruz, Graeme