Connect Your iPhone, iPad or iPod To Your TV
Edited by Nate Pepperell, Lynn, Christine dela Cruz, Eng
Connecting your iPhone, iPad or iPod to a television set is a great way to view your pictures and stream videos on a much larger screen than your device. You can do this by connecting your device to a TV with a composite AV cable (for older TVs) or an HDMI cable (for newer TVs). The following article will teach you how to do these two different methods so you can connect an iPhone, iPad or iPod to your TV.
Connect an iPhone, iPad or iPod to a TV Using a Composite AV Cable
- 1These are the yellow (video), white (left audio) and red (right audio) input ports which are usually located at the back, side or front of your TV.Locate the video and audio input ports on your TV.Advertisement
- 2When plugging in the video and audio connectors, make sure you match the colors of your AV composite cable to the colors of your input ports on your TV.Plug in your video and audio connectors.Advertisement
- 3Plug in the iPod Dock Connector of your AV composite cable into your iPhone, iPad, iPhone or Universal Dock.Plug the AV composite cable into your Apple device.
- 4Find your options menu on your TV and select the AV channel. You should now see the images being displayed from your iPhone, iPad or iPod also displayed on your television screen.Select the AV channel on your TV.
- 5This will help to keep your device charged as you use it.Plug the USB connector on your AV composite cable into your computer or USB power adapter/charger.
Connect an iPhone, iPad or iPhone to a TV Using a HDMI Cable
- 1Plug the 30-pin adapter ( http://amzn.to/1587v8y ) into your iPhone, iPad or iPod.Connect your device to the HDMI cable.Advertisement
- 2Plug one end of your HDMI cable into the HDMI input port of the adapter.
- 3Plug the other end of your HDMI cable into the HDMI input port of your television.
- 4Select the appropriate HDMI input setting on your television. Your TV should now display a mirrored image of what is displaying on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.Select settings on your TV.
- Use AV composite cables for older TVs. Many older televisions do not have a HDMI input port.
What You Can Do When Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod is Connected to Your TV
- 1If you've bought and downloaded a movie from iTunes, you can enjoy it better on a larger screen by watching it on your TV. This is most especially useful for movies that have a lot of special effects. It is rather difficult to watch those types of movies on a very small screen such as your iPhone.Watch movies.Advertisement
- 2If you received a document by email and you would like to review it on a bigger screen or share to others, you can do so by viewing it on your TV as you connected your Apple device. This will save you a lot of time as you do not need to actually save it in the USB, open it on your computer, and then connect to the TV. Also, it is a good way to run a presentation. If you have your presentation on your iPad, as long as a conference room has a television available, you won't be needing your huge computer just to be able to run it.Go through documents.
- 3If in case you have an event or a party at home and you would like some photos taken recently running in the background, you can easily do this by connecting your phone to the TV. You can run it according to albums that you have in your phone.Do a photo slideshow.
- 4There are so many videos on YouTube that are really interesting. You do not need to download these videos in order to be able to watch it in another device. You just need to plug you Apple device onto your TV and you can then easily run your playlists without any problem. It would be good if you have a well-organized playlist within YouTube so that you do not need to keep on searching when you need something.Show YouTube videos.
- 5You can play your favorite iPhone games while your friends can watch you on the TV. You still use your iPhone to control the game but your friends will see it, not by looking through the small screen of your phone but by watching the TV. This makes it less distracting for you as well as you won't have friends peeking through your shoulder which could be rather distracting especially if you are working on a complicated game.Play online games.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Connect Your iPhone, iPad or iPod To Your TV. (2017). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 22, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Connect_Your_iPhone,_iPad_or_iPod_To_Your_TV
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Connect Your iPhone, iPad or iPod To Your TV." VisiHow, visihow.com/Connect_Your_iPhone,_iPad_or_iPod_To_Your_TV Accessed 22 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Connect Your iPhone, iPad or iPod To Your TV." Accessed Jun 22, 2017. http://visihow.com/Connect_Your_iPhone,_iPad_or_iPod_To_Your_TV.
Categories : Apple
Recent edits by: Christine dela Cruz, Lynn, Nate Pepperell