Connect Your Laptop to TV
Edited by Eman, estrella sacragon
Sometimes when people want to share pictures, videos, games and etc to their friends and family. But the problem is it is hard for everyone around on a very small Laptop screen. Maybe it is much better if somehow you can connect your Laptop screen on a big TV screen so everyone can see it clearly. It will be a good solution and will give everyone a lot of fun. So in this article you will learn how you can connect your Laptop to your TV by using an HDMI cable.
- 1Connect the other end of the HDMI cable on your LaptopAdvertisement
- 2Connect the other end on the HDMI cable on your TV HDMI slot
- 3Open your TV and your Laptop
- 4On your TV remote control press on source and select the HDMI port that you used connecting the HDMI cable.
- 5The Laptop and TV will sync in a moment and the screen of your Laptop should appear on the TV screen.
How to Connect the Laptop to the TV
For several people, among the best things that they can have in their life is a reliable Laptop and a flat screen television. However, there are some instances whereby the user wants to connect his/her Laptop to his precious television.
There are some people who simply want to see how things look like if those displayed on Laptop are shown on the TV. Others want to see movies or videos that they have stored in their Laptop in the TV, while some people want to play games that are in their Laptop on the wide screen on their TV.
No matter what the reason is for connecting the Laptop to the TV, there is no doubt that people will be able to do so. First and foremost, the very first aspect that people should consider prior to connecting the Laptop to the TV is the cable to be used. It is crucial to utilize the appropriate cable, to ensure that connection will be successful, and to avoid going back to the hardware shop every now and then. This must be done especially if the Laptop and the TV do not share connection.
- 1For those laptops that have Mini Display Port, there are specialized adapters that can be used for them. Such adapter could be annexed to one of the ends of the HDMI cable, and then the HDMI cable's other end will be connected to the HDTV. Such cables could render 1080p resolution.Mini Display Port-to-HDMI Adapter.Advertisement
- 2HDMI or also referred to as High-Definition Multimedia Interface is as of now the connection with the highest quality. Each and every HDTV has this kind of connection however; not all laptops may have it. Thus, one may require an adapter that can transform HDMI cable in to DVI- commonly used for computer connection.HDMI.
- 3Digital Video Interface or much known as DVI is the most usual connection, thus anyone with Laptop and TV should have it.DVI.
- 4Majority of televisions and some laptops possess S-video port. It is cheap and it could render decent picture quality.S-Video.
- 5Also referred to as Video Graphics Array is also a common HDTV and computer connection. Same with DVI, this connection don't have audio signal.VGA.
Connecting the Laptop to the Television
- 1Once the user has found the ports of the Laptop and TV, as well as determined the type of connection; connect now the 2 devices.
- 2Hit the Start Menu, and from there, the user should choose the Control Panel option, and then hit the "Appearance and Personalization" option.The user then needs to configure the 2nd monitor or the TV in Windows.
- 3User must ensure that the display can also be seen on the television. Thus, the TV is not just being utilized as extension of the Laptop's Desktop.Choose the option "Connect an External Display", which is located in the Display Menu.
- 4The user should assume that the aspect ratio, as well as the resolution of the Laptop and the television is not the same. From the drop-down menu of the Display option, user should choose the Relevant Display, and then he/she should hit the Resolution button. To modify the resolution, the slider must be used. The user could also utilize the Recommended Resolution- explained in the manuals for every display. And then, the user is ready to go.From this particular window, the user needs to modify the resolution of the TV and the Laptop's display.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- If the Laptop screen does not appear on the TV screen, try restarting your Laptop and your TV. You can also try to plug and unplug the HDMI cable or switch to another HDMI slot.
- You can adjust the screen resolution so it will fit exactly on your TV screen.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Connect Your Laptop to TV. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Apr 28, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Connect_Your_Laptop_to_TV
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Connect Your Laptop to TV." VisiHow, visihow.com/Connect_Your_Laptop_to_TV Accessed 28 Apr 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Connect Your Laptop to TV." Accessed Apr 28, 2017. http://visihow.com/Connect_Your_Laptop_to_TV.
Categories : Tech
Recent edits by: Eman