Connect To a Linux Server Via Peer to Peer Network
Edited by Mark Joel Cristobal, Charmed
TO those who are not familiar in connecting to a Linux server with a peer to peer network then here is a simple Article that will let you know how you will do it.
- 1) You can download the putty application here : www.the.earth.li/~sgtatham/putty/latest/x86/putty.exeFirst Step is to Have the application called Putty, this will let you connect to the server with a proper credential of an account with the server like Username:root(common Username) and a Password:********* (a Complex combination of password which is a very good feature of Unix/Linux.Advertisement
- 2Run the application that you have downloaded the putty.exe, probably it will prompt with a GUI as shown below and you need to put Internal Network IP address of the Server which is in your network, Example is 192.168.1.1 this is the host or the IP address with the port number 22 that will redirect the application to enter to the SSH which is the shell.Advertisement
- 3After entering the IP address you need to click the open button and enter the credential that is needed to enter to the Terminal/Shell of the Linux server and you're done.
- 4If the server is not connected in your network(peer-peer) you need or the port :22 which is the shell port of the server should be forwarded and redirected to the internal IP address of the server and use the Public IP address or what we call the WAN IP of the Server to connect.Advertisement
Tips Tricks & Warnings
- If you are already using a Linux/Unix Software I mean the OS you can just run the terminal and type SSH user@ipaddress
- You can just also watch this simple Video www.youtube.com/watch?v=42ItbKNmvpo
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Connect To a Linux Server Via Peer to Peer Network. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved May 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Connect_To_a_Linux_Server_Via_Peer_to_Peer_Network
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Connect To a Linux Server Via Peer to Peer Network." VisiHow, visihow.com/Connect_To_a_Linux_Server_Via_Peer_to_Peer_Network Accessed 23 May 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Connect To a Linux Server Via Peer to Peer Network." Accessed May 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Connect_To_a_Linux_Server_Via_Peer_to_Peer_Network.
Categories : Operating System
Recent edits by: Mark Joel Cristobal