Compose and Send E-Mails Using Samsung Galaxy S4
Edited by Leomar Umpad, Lynn, Eng, Ephraim and 7 others
- 1 This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
- 2 Write and Send Emails Using S4
- 3 Questions and Answers
- 3.1 I cannot send emails with Samsung Galaxy S4.
- 3.2 I can connect to other sites but cannot send emails.
- 3.3 Everything has been checked and is correctly set up, I have an Internet connection, but I still cannot send emails.
- 3.4 How can forward an email on S4?
- 3.5 Messages are not being sent with Samsung.
- 3.6 Where is the send button for sending an email using the Samsung S4?
- 3.7 How to forward emails with attachments?
- 3.8 Pushing the middle button takes you back to the main screen?
- 3.9 Is there a way to forward an email from your inbox without actually opening it?
- 3.10 Which icon do I tap on to reply to an existing email?
- 4 Comments
This is part of the VisiHow series on how to use the Samsung Galaxy S4. You can visit the main VisiHow on how to USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4 for a full list of S4 VisiHow Articles
You can use your Samsung Galaxy S4 to write and send emails. Before you can send emails, you need to have an active internet connection either from WiFi or your network's data connection. You also need to Set Up Emails on Samsung Galaxy S4 to start composing and sending emails.
Write and Send Emails Using S4
- 7In the "To" box, enter your contact's name or number. Entering the first few letters will return a result of all possible matches. Tap on the desired contact to select it. You can repeat the same procedure if you want to add more recipients. If you want to add someone to the CC field, you can tap on the CC box and do the same procedure.Select the recipient.
- 13Located on the upper-right portion of your phone's touch screen.When you are done choosing the file/s, tap on the "Done" button.
- 14When you're ready to send the email, tap on the "Send," button located on the upper-right portion of your phone's screen.Review your email and make sure it's complete.
- 15You can now press the home button to return to your home screen.You have just learned how to send an Email using Samsung Galaxy S4.Advertisement
Questions and Answers
I cannot send emails with Samsung Galaxy S4.
You need to have a good Internet connection to be able to send an email. You must either be connected to WiFi, or your network's data service. You need to have a pre-paid plan or have enough credits to use the internet using the network's packet data service. Try to visit other sites using the default browser to confirm you have an internet connection.
Also when sending emails WiFi is the key in order to send certain emails without a problem. The bigger the email or the attachments you have in your email, the more signal you will need to complete the sending.
Yes, what you have typed in your description is totally correct, when it comes to sending emails you are in fact using data rather the standard signal required to send a text message or place a call. By having more signal it will make the sending process easier.
I can connect to other sites but cannot send emails.
You need to have the right configuration and settings on your phone. You can check this guide - how to Set Up Emails on Samsung Galaxy S4. If you have a hard time with your email service provider, ask for assistance regarding setting up email on your phone.
Yes, you can add your email account information to the email section on your device. Tap on the icon on your device and you will be able to add your email address to this application.
Everything has been checked and is correctly set up, I have an Internet connection, but I still cannot send emails.
Try to delete the email account from your phone and set it up again. Reboot your phone and check to see if the problem has been solved.
Before you delete your email account, you can also simply log out of your account and back in an attempt to refresh your account. By refreshing your account you will be able to update your settings to be able to send emails.
You have to remove the registered email address for now and try to install it again. If it's a web-based type of email such as Yahoo Mail or Gmail, this shouldn't be a problem. However, if you are actually installing a corporate email, you may want to check with your office's computer administrator as they may have blocked you from installing it on another device. This is a very common policy in companies.
How can forward an email on S4?
Please explain how to forward an email on S4.
Open up the email you want to forward, but when you open the email, click on the three dots on the top right side of the screen to bring up extra options. In these extra options, the forward selection will present itself. Tap on it in order to forward the email you currently have open.
Open up you email that you want to forward, you will see three vertical dots at the top right. Tap on this symbol and choose the option to forward the email to another persons.
Messages are not being sent with Samsung.
I have Gmail set up. I want to use Windows Live Mail, which is the same I use on my Laptop.
To be able to send E-mails using your Samsung Galaxy S4 you must first make sure that you have a stable connection in the Internet. It is either by using a WiFi connection or using your Data card networks. If you are currently using you Network to send E-mails you must ensure you have enough credits to be able to send mails through the Internet. Unfortunately sending E-mails is not for free, hence to be able to send you will need some credits in your network or connected to a WiFi.
Can you tell me where the send button on Samsung S4 is for sending email?
The send button in the email window on your S4 is indicated by an arrow pointing to the right. It will look like this at the top right corner of your window > just shaded.
See more questions like this: How do I forward emails from my Yahoo mail account to contacts on my Samsung Galaxy S7?
How to forward emails with attachments?
How can I forward emails with attachments?
You can perform this process by doing the following:
- Go to the email.
- Press on the three dots going vertical.
- From here, tap on the option to forward the email.
The middle button on your phone is called the 'Home' button for Samsung Galaxy phones. This button will take back to the home screen where and leave the application running continually on the phone. If you are composing an email message or whatever you are currently doing on the phone, do not press that button as it will exit the app. If you want to go back to the previous menu on the application you launched, you just need to tap the soft back key located on the right side of the home button that looks like an arrow going to the left side. If you want to save or send the composed email, just tap send.
Is there a way to forward an email from your inbox without actually opening it?
I don't want to open an email on my phone because it may have a virus, but I want to forward it to my IT department. Is there way to do that?
Unfortunately, there isn't a way to forward an email from your inbox without opening it. However, opening the email on your phone won't give you a virus. If it indeed has a virus attached, opening the attachment itself would give you a virus, but reading the email won't have any ill effects.
Aside from avoiding opening any emails with suspicious attachments, don't click on any links in the body of the email.
Which icon do I tap on to reply to an existing email?
I'm not sure how to respond or reply, and I need to know which icon to tap so I don't accidentally delete email.
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : USE SAMSUNG GALAXY S4
Recent edits by: skuhnley, Calob Horton, Rina18