Complete the DDO Starter Adventure
Edited by Grimm, Doug Collins, Eng
Hi, you are watching VisiHow. Today we are continuing our intro series for the online Dungeons & Dragons PC game. We are going to be going through our first quest.
- 1I am going to go ahead and move a few things around on the screen. I'm going to move the chat down and make it a bit larger so that we can see our chat a little bit better as we are playing the game. We are going to move our shortcut bar over toward the middle of the screen. Next, I am going to move our status meter up and out of the way and move the focus orb to the bottom corner opposite our chat box. The focus orb allows us to see the player's challenge rating (CR). For example, if we right-click on the woman we see she her picture, we see she is a CR 9 (which means level 9). If we right-click on our self, our picture will come up in the focus orb and we can see that we are CR 1 or level 1. So, she is significantly better off, but that is OK because we are the hero and she is not. You can toggle the quest log, and from it you can access the full list of objectives, bonuses, play through bonuses, monsters killed, traps disabled, secret doors, things you've smashed, whether you've come in and out, how many times you've died, etc. If you die, it is not that big of a deal, because you do not lose anything and you return to the point where you died. It is mostly just an inconvenience. So, let's go ahead and get started.Setup your user interface.Advertisement
- 2Double-click on the woman to talk. We have to tell her what we are doing, so we are going to choose an option. More often than not, these options do not matter, but there are certain areas where they do. We can continue the quest dialogue, or if you are the kind of person who likes to get right into it, we will click 'that sounds good, lead the way'. So I am going to click that.Run up and talk to the woman.Advertisement
- 11You had the important job of opening the door. Good job! Fight the monsters. Fight the monsters by clicking the right mouse button. You can also hold down the right mouse button. If you hold down the shift key and press up or down it will allow you to roll forward or backward. It can be helpful to roll when you are fighting more than one creature. You have to kill them all then you will get a new objective.Enter the next section.
- 15These are for regaining health and resting. The blue ones let you heal, and the flame one brings you back to life. So, you are going to want to go ahead and click the blue moon to rest. The game is very PG, and as you saw in the fighting, it is mostly monsters or evil bad guys. There is not a lot of blood, gore, or other unpleasantness.Rest or heal.
- 21If you have astral shards, which are these little things down here, in the lower corner under the focus orb, then you can re-roll loot. In this case, however it is not worth it. Usually, it is never worth it.OK, inside are a shield, a bow, some armor, some arrows, and a ring of water breathing which would have come in handy earlier.
- 29You can choose the reward that she will give you. There are different types of weapons on the list. If you have a preference, then you would choose one of those. For example, if you are a magic user, spell caster, or monk then you could take any of the rewards.Click through the options to claim your rewards.
- 34Thanks very much for watching VisiHow and we look forward to seeing you again soon.We will discuss that in the next video.Advertisement
Video: complete the ddo starter adventure
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Complete the DDO Starter Adventure. (2015). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 23, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Complete_the_DDO_Starter_Adventure
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Complete the DDO Starter Adventure." VisiHow, visihow.com/Complete_the_DDO_Starter_Adventure Accessed 23 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Complete the DDO Starter Adventure." Accessed Jun 23, 2017. http://visihow.com/Complete_the_DDO_Starter_Adventure.
Categories : Gaming
Recent edits by: Doug Collins, Grimm