Complete a Daily Journal for One Year
Edited by Christine Cruz, Eng, Lynn
Frustrated about your daily journal sitting around with blank pages? Many people find it hard to continue writing in daily journals after two to three weeks. They often lose the interest they first established during the initial entries. Blank pages seem to materialize out of nowhere if the writer maintains a monotonous writing style in the daily journal. This is where the enthusiasm in writing gradually fades. If you are experiencing this dilemma, there are certain ways in order for you to resist and be able to complete your journal for at least a year.
A daily journal is a booklet or a notebook of some sort that entails the stories from your mind. It can be from your significant daily experiences, realizations, anecdotes, or even your imagination. It can also be used as a goal setter and tracker. Simply set a goal and write the achievements daily. This way, you will be able to track down and record what you have already done. By completing a daily journal for at least a year, you will gain satisfaction and a sense of purpose. People even use it as therapy for people who have problems.
Even great men in history like Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Albert Einstein, Captain Cook, and Winston Churchill keep their own daily journals. They kept tabs on anything, and that helped them in their future.
- 1Finding an outlet to express one's feeling freely and with no judgment at hand helps build one's confidence in conveying his or herself. Daily journals can serve as a venting tool for anything under the sun.To express freely.Advertisement
- 3Setting a goal seems hard for most people who do not know how to accomplish the goal, "while doing the goal". Daily journals help people to keep tabs on their achievements. It also helps motivate the goal setter to continue further.Accomplish a goal.
- 4The transfer of your thoughts from your mind onto the paper relieves it from information overload. You can now arrange your thoughts better, if you already have a concrete idea.Clear the mind.
- 5Important events in your life can now be recorded using the daily journal. You will be able to have something to reminisce about the past. In the future, you may find yourself laughing or crying just from reading the entries in your journal.Chronicle your life.
What to Write?
- 1A momentous event in your life, no matter how simple or humorous it is, can be recorded. This can provide lessons and even entertainment in the future.Anecdotes.Advertisement
- 2"Great minds think alike," the old adage says. As mentioned above, even great men in history keep tabs of their life in a journal. Ideas sometimes come out of the blue, so you have to write them down to explore them more.Ideas.
- 4Why not set your schedule in here and then record the significant things after that?Schedules.
- 5By writing down your wish list or prayer list, you will be able keep track of those that are granted.Wish list/prayer list.
- 6You can write anything you want because this is your own. Nothing is there to stop you. As long as it gives you a clear purpose of what to write in a year, do so!Anything under the sun.
How to do it?
- 3Pick a medium to use.
- 11Don't force yourself. Remember that a great idea often comes out of the blue. Just make sure to write the idea down once it comes into your mind.Stop when you're tired.
- 12Nothing stops you from discovering what ways best help you in writing and completing your daily journal. Be flexible and creative. Writing is fun!Do random things.Advertisement
If you are not yet sure that you will be able to complete a year of daily journal entries, you can start off your daily journal by writing these suggestions. You can also modify them to fit what you like or create one yourself!
- 50 Days of A Better Me
- 80 Days of A Healthy Diet
- 50 Days of Gratitude
- 50 Days of My Helping Hand
- 100 Answered Questions
- 50 Days of New Places I Discovered
- 10 Days of Poem Writing
- 100 Days Devotion
- 100 Days of Reflection
- 30 Days of Achievement
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Writing
Recent edits by: Eng, Christine Cruz