Communicate on the Internet
Edited by Timbuktu, Charmed, Ephraim, Eng and 3 others
There are several ways to communicate on the internet, here we will discuss what are those ways and how to use them to communicate.
- 1 E-Mail
- 2 Tracking Your Message
- 3 Instant Messaging
- 4 BLOGS
- 5 Search Engines
- 6 Social Networking Sites
- 7 Other Form of Social Network (Virtual World)
- 8 Online Games
- 9 Questions and Answers
- 10 Referencing this Article
- 11 Comments
E-Mail: It is one of the most effective communication technologies in the internet. When sending an e-mail, you must know the functions of its "fields".
- 1This is where you put the email of the recipientTo:Advertisement
- 2This is where you put the subject or title of your messageSubject:Advertisement
- 3This is where you can put another e-mail address of someone you want to have a copy of the e-mail you are sendingCC:
- 4This is what we call the blind courtesy copy, you can add the address of the person whom you wish to send a copy of your email the same as the CC but this time e-mail addresses that is added to BCC will not be revealed to the recipient and other people who have received the emailBCC:
- 5This feature can be used to attach items like text documents, photos, sound and video filesAttachment:
- 6This is where you type your email or messageMessage Box:
When someone sends you an email, you have several options to reply.
- 1You can click on this option to reply to the sender; in this option there is no need for you to type the email address of the senderReply:
- 2You can use this option to send an email or a message that you received from someone to send it to someone else and this time you have to type in the email of the person whom you wish to receive this email.Forward:
- 3This option helps you save the email in your folders if you want to keep the email or message in your mailSave:
- 4This option deletes the messages or emails in your e-mail account, if you wish to remove e-mails or message then this is what you need.Delete:
Tracking Your Message
When you send an email that doesn't mean that the person automatically received your e-mail. The person might be away or the person did not receive it. Internet is also prone to failures.
- Auto- Reply: This is an automatic reply that is set by the e-mail account owner when they are away or when they do not have time to check their e-mail. When you received one automatic reply is an automatic response set by the recipient of your e-mail, in which they will state why they cannot currently attend to your e-mail.
- Bounce-back: This is an automatic reply by the server usually this happens when the inbox of the recipient is full or you typed an incorrect e-mail address. When you received one you should read and check the reason why your e-mail came back to you.
- SPAM: This is a junk email, those unwanted messages, this is commonly used by sellers or those who want to trick people like scams. This kind of email is better deleted.
This is another way to communicate in the internet. This is similar to telephone except that instead of talking you have to type. There are so many programs nowadays that you can use for instant messaging. All you have to do is download and install these programs. Like for example Yahoo Messenger, Skype, AOL, Google Chat, Trillion, Facebook Chat, MSN Messenger and etc.
Because instant messaging or I'm is instant typing can be very slow that is why users have developed shorthand to speed communications.
Like for example:
- BRB: Be right back
- FYI: For your information
- HAND: have a nice day
- IMHO: In my humble opinion
- LOL: Laughing out loud
- ROFL: Rolling on floor laughing
- OIC: Oh, I see
- BTW: By the way
- F2F: face to face
- CTC: Care to chat
- JK: Just kidding or joking
- L8R: Later
- GTG: Got to go
- TC: Take care
- TY: Thank you
- BBL: Be back later
You can also express yourself by using emoticons in the instant messaging, like for example:
: ) �" Happy : - D �" Laughing : - 0 �" Shocked : - # - Lips are sealed : ( - Sad : - ( - Crying
And so on…..
You should also be careful in typing, it is better to use lower cases as using capital or upper cases is interpreted in instant messaging as shouting or angry.
This is a periodic or can also be an online diary entry. Most people use this to talk about themselves, express themselves and inform people about the latest on their life or sometimes it is used for news or any other commentaries. There are many sites in the internet
that host blogs like Bloggers and Xanga
This is like blogs but in a format of multimedia like audio and video. There are several hosts as well if you intend to create your personal Podcast . Like PodOmatic .
Another type of internet
communication in which when you are trying to locate or find something through the internet you may use search engines. Examples of search engines are Bing, Yahoo, MSN
, Google and etc.
Social Networking Sites
In this new generation aside from those mentioned above, Social networking sites are a very popular tool in internet
communication. Like for example, Facebook, Twitter, MySpace
, Tagged, Flixter , Multiply, LinkedIn, Bebo
To communicate using the social network, you need to visit the site that you prefer to join in, the most popular these days is Facebook so if you want to use this all you have to do is create your profile and provide the details needed to complete the profile and you may search for your friends by typing their names so you can add them as your friend in your profile.
Using Social network profile, you may send your friend a message privately and or send them a message on their profile for everyone else to read. In social network you can post a picture or video that you want and for everyone in your friends list to see you may also post a status to express yourself on how are you feeling at the moment. The setup varies on what social networking site you are using.
You may also play games on social network and the good thing is you can play with your friends; this is also a form of communication.
Other Form of Social Network (Virtual World)
Aside from the normal social network, there is also another form of social network that allows you to have an avatar, like for example, Gaia
Online, IMVU and etc.
In that social network, you also have to create a profile and an avatar you may shape and or create your avatar on how you look. In this type of social network you can live on a virtual world, usually they have a virtual setting of your house, you can design it according to your liking but if you want to make you properties realistic some of this Virtual social network requires for you to buy certain designs and or items that you want.
These days gaming is not only just a game some people meet up, became friends because of the online games, online games also have their chat room and or chat box
to communicate with the other players and or make friends with other players like for example SilkRoad Online.
You can create your character to play the games and once you are in the game you can communicate with the other players.
Questions and Answers
CC option on the composer/Android?
Hi there! I am trying to send a text message to some people, but I can't find the BCC option on the composer on Android. Are there any suggestion? Thanks!
- 1If you do not have it installed, then you can download it from Play Store. Here is the link: Gmail.Open the Gmail application.
- 2Start composing a message by pressing the button on the bottom-right.
- 3Alternatively, press the menu key at the bottom of your phone and select "Add CC/BCC". Two new input fields will appear: "CC" and "BCC".Tap on the down arrow next to the "To" input field.
- 4Fill in the "BCC" field as required.Advertisement
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Communicate on the Internet. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Mar 29, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Communicate_on_the_Internet
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Communicate on the Internet." VisiHow, visihow.com/Communicate_on_the_Internet Accessed 29 Mar 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Communicate on the Internet." Accessed Mar 29, 2017. http://visihow.com/Communicate_on_the_Internet.
Categories : Social Network
Recent edits by: Anonymous, Maria, Eng