Color Your Hair Temporarily Using Hairchalks
Edited by Maureen D., Eng, Doug Collins
Have you been desiring to get a new hair do for one particular event only? Forget about hair dyes that do not come cheap or takes quite a while to wear off. Hair chalk is the latest trend in coloring hair temporarily. You can even match your outfit with the color of your hair! The best things are: it is cheap, you can do it yourself at home and you can experiment on different hair colors on a regular basis. Get really crazy and create a new look out of these gorgeous chalks that are easy to apply and put all together, works well on blonde or even dark hair! Make sure to buy those that are non toxic ones though.
What you will need
- Hair chalk
- Hair spray
- Hair straightener/curling iron
- 1The chalk will adhere better if there are no waxy products applied to the hair prior to coloring.Wash your hair but do not use any shampoo or conditioner.Advertisement
- 2Take your hair chalks, choose the colors you want.Advertisement
- 3For blondes, this step should be skipped as this step intensifies the color. However, for redheads adding water might be necessary but it really depends on how you want it. There are no rules, really.Using the hair spray, wet the portion that you want to color first off.
- 4For sexier and more elegant look, work from the inside portion of the hair so the streaks of color peek out when you move.
- 6When you are done coloring, you can now style your hair with the use of hair straightener or curling iron it helps seal the colors at the same time too.
- 7You may want to release the fine dust on your hair so you can shake your head gently to do so.
- 8Play around with the colors and enjoy the result!Now, the fun part is you can style your colored hair in bun or braid.Advertisement
A deep conditioning would be needed right after you are done flaunting your colored hair, as the chalk will suck the moisture in it. For blonde girls, a clarifying shampoo would be great for removing all of the colors. Never go to bed without washing your chalked hair as the color will come off and you do not want to hassle yourself of getting the stains off of your pillow cases.
Referencing this Article
If you need to reference this article in your work, you can copy-paste the following depending on your required format:
APA (American Psychological Association)
Color Your Hair Temporarily Using Hairchalks. (2016). In VisiHow. Retrieved Jun 24, 2017, from http://visihow.com/Color_Your_Hair_Temporarily_Using_Hairchalks
MLA (Modern Language Association) "Color Your Hair Temporarily Using Hairchalks." VisiHow, visihow.com/Color_Your_Hair_Temporarily_Using_Hairchalks Accessed 24 Jun 2017.
Chicago / Turabian VisiHow.com. "Color Your Hair Temporarily Using Hairchalks." Accessed Jun 24, 2017. http://visihow.com/Color_Your_Hair_Temporarily_Using_Hairchalks.
Categories : Beauty & Aesthetics
Recent edits by: Eng, Maureen D.