Clear Cache, Cookies, and History on Google Pixel and Pixel XL
Edited by Jay
Internet browsers are designed to collect and store not only the websites you visit, but, also additional files and images, to make web pages load quicker when you go to them again in the future. It's a great feature, and without it, we would notice a huge difference in how certain websites load and refresh. The only downside is that you have to manually go in and clear your browsing data once in a while or it will eventually slow down your browsing experience. How often you should clear it depends on how much you browse, if you're on there daily, those temporary files and images will add up quickly.
In addition to speed and performance, there is the issue of privacy. If you happen to share a device with one or more people, it might be a good idea to get into the habit of clearing your history and cookies when you're finished on the internet.
Although the following steps will show how to clear your browsing history in Chrome, on a Google Pixel and Pixel XL, they will work on any Android device running the Chrome browser.
Clear Cache, Cookies, and History in Google Chrome
All modern internet browsers are designed to load quickly by collecting files and images from the sites you visit, but they don't remove or clear out your history and cookies automatically. If you find your Chrome browser is performing slower than usual, you may need to clear your cache, cookies, and history to regain optimal performance. The more you use your browser, the more temporary files it will store, and after a while, it will slow it down.
Tips, Tricks and Warnings
- If you want to clear your entire browsing history, select "beginning of time".
- Remember, do NOT select your saved passwords unless you are prepared to re-enter them.
- You can also keep the sites you've visited and only clear your cookies and cached files. Simply uncheck the box next to "Browsing history".
- If you don't want any of your browsing history to be saved, open up an incognito tab.
- A good habit to adopt is to get into a regular schedule for clearing your browsing data (daily, weekly, etc.)
If you have problems with any of the steps in this article, please post in the comments section below.
Categories : Use Google Pixel and Pixel XL