Clear Cache, Cookies and History on Samsung Galaxy Tab
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Anonymous, Rebecca M. and 7 others
Clearing the cache to your browser is beneficial. It can help your browsing sessions be faster and resolve some issues, and it can give you more free space in your phone's storage memory.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Delete cookies and cache on Google Chrome browser
- 3 Delete cache and cookies on a latest Samsung Tab
- 4 Why clear the cache and cookies in the browser
- 5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 I have an older Samsung Galaxy tablet that I'm trying to delete the history from?
- 5.2 How can I delete the browser history?
- 5.3 How do I get to the globe icon?
- 5.4 My tablet is set to show browsing history for today, yesterday and 7 days, how can I reset it not to show any history?
- 5.5 I have a Galaxy tablet and I know nothing about computers?
- 5.6 Cannot figure out how to clear cookies on my Galaxy core phone Android system?
- 5.7 I want to clear cookies on my Samsung Tab A?
- 5.8 Clearing suggested sites from a Samsung A3?
- 6 Comments
Delete cookies and cache on Google Chrome browser[Edit]
- 1Go to your applications and look for "Settings icon" (gear icon) in the list of applications.Advertisement
- 2On the list of options, look for "Application manager".
- 3In the application manager, select your Google Chrome from the list of items.
- 4On the page of options in Google Chrome, you need to tap "Clear cache" and then "Clear data".Cookies are included in the data section.
Delete cache and cookies on a latest Samsung Tab[Edit]
- 1Look for the Internet icon, the globe icon, and launch it.Advertisement
- 2Tap the "Options" icon to open the drop down menu, and tap on the "Settings" option, with the gear icon.
- 3On the list of categories, such as General, Privacy and security, Accessibility, Advanced, Bandwidth Management and Labs, tap "Privacy and security".
- 4Tap the first option for "Clear cache" and tap "OK" to start the process.
- 5Under cookies, tap on "Clear all cookie data" and tap on "OK" again to start the process, then wait until it's done.
Once both options turn gray, this means it has been cleared.
Why clear the cache and cookies in the browser[Edit]
Information from any website that you have visited is stored in hundreds of thousands of files in your phone memory. Huge websites with too many fancy things are heavy to load in your browser, and they may occupy a large space in the phone memory. Each time you visit a website, part of the process is saved in the browser's cache for the browser to display stored files from the server, and these stored files can help cut the load times whenever you visit the website again.
From time to time, web developers have to make updates to the files that comprise their website to add another feature. If you maintain those old saved files, there is a tendency that it will load the old web information, and then it may not function correctly. You may encounter run time errors and missing buttons on the website, and you may be unable to save the time sheet. The performed action may not respond appropriately, but deleting the cache and cookies will resolve the issue.
Questions and Answers[Edit]
I have an older Samsung Galaxy tablet that I'm trying to delete the history from?[Edit]
How do I delete the surfing history from this device? Thanks.
Deleting cache. Cookies, and history from your older Android device can fix many of its speed issues. Follow the steps below to clear the history of your Samsung Galaxy Tab:
- 1On your home screen, tap on the 'Apps' icon.
- 2Open the Internet browser.
- 3Touch the menu button.
- 4Select 'Settings' from the menu.
- 5Tap on the 'Clear History' option, which is located under the 'Privacy Settings' section.If you also want to clear your cache, tap on the 'Clear Cache' option.
- 6Now you should see a popup asking if you are sure about clearing your history.
- 7Click on the 'Yes' button to proceed.
- 8Your browsing history has been cleared.
How can I delete the browser history?[Edit]
How do I delete browser history on the Google search bar of a Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5?
Go into the Google Settings App and choose clear browsing history and cache. You can also do this within the menu for the Chrome app.
How do I get to the globe icon?[Edit]
I'm trying to clean my history and cookies but I can't figure out how to do it
The globe icon is labelled "Internet" and can be found either on your home screen or inside the "Apps" folder.
- 1Press the home button.
- 2If the globe icon is not anywhere on the home screen, locate the "Apps" icon, which looks like a set of boxes stacked upon each other.
- 3Tap on the "Apps" icon.
- 4You will be able to locate the Internet icon by tapping it on the screen.If it is not on the screen, swipe left or right to locate it.
My tablet is set to show browsing history for today, yesterday and 7 days, how can I reset it not to show any history?[Edit]
My tablet is set to show today, yesterday and 7 days history of browsing history, how I cancel it
- 1Go into the Google App Settings Menu.
- 2Select Accounts and Privacy.
- 3Choose Google Accounts History.
- 4Select Web and App Activity.
- 5Tap to remove the default setting to save browsing of Web and App Activity.
- 6If you have Google Now you can also change the settings from within that app.
I have a Galaxy tablet and I know nothing about computers?[Edit]
How to clear cookies except my downloads. I have tried: Nothing, I'm looking for my box that has instructions
Within your apps you will see a Globe icon. That is your internet. Tap that and go into the settings from the upper corner with three lines and choose cache then clear cookies data. If you do not have a globe icon then it will be Chrome that you want to choose to clear the cookies.
I need to clear my cookies in order to access to a website that I'm using and they believe my problem with it is that I need to clear my cookies. I have tried: Everything. I think it was caused by: I have no idea nobody would listen to me again. Play my problem
- 1Go to Apps on your Galaxy Core Phone.
- 2Select Internet "Globe" Icon.
- 3Select the three dots in the upper right hand corner.This is your Menu.
- 4Choose Settings.
- 5Select Privacy.
- 6Go to Delete Personal Data.
- 7Choose Cache then Cookies and select.
- 8You have now cleared the cache and cookies on your Galaxy Core Phone.Advertisement
I want to clear cookies on my Samsung Tab A. I have tried: Googling how to clear cookies on this tablet. I think it was caused by: Don't know
You can clear the cookies on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A by following the steps within the article on this page. Make sure that you clear the cookies for all the internet browsers that you use on the phone such as Chrome.
Clearing suggested sites from a Samsung A3?[Edit]
I have deleted all my browsing history, cookies, etc. from my Samsung A3 but when I open a new tab on my internet browser I still get what I assume is my last site visited as the suggested new page for the new tab, how can I clear this
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Samsung Galaxy
Recent edits by: jbmc64, VisiHow, ramilmusa