Clear Cache, Cookies and History on Samsung Galaxy Tab
Edited by Melsan, Lynn, Rebecca M., jonesd5 and 9 others
Clearing the cache to your browser is beneficial. It can help your browsing sessions be faster and resolve some issues, and it can give you more free space in your phone's storage memory.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Delete cookies and cache on Google Chrome browser
- 3 Delete cache and cookies on a latest Samsung Tab
- 4 Why clear the cache and cookies in the browser
5 Questions and Answers
- 5.1 I have an older Samsung Galaxy tablet that I'm trying to delete the history from?
- 5.2 How do I get to the globe icon?
- 5.3 My tablet is set to show browsing history for today, yesterday and 7 days, how can I reset it not to show any history?
- 5.4 Cannot figure out how to clear cookies on my Galaxy core phone Android system?
- 5.5 I want to clear cookies on my Samsung Tab A?
- 5.6 Where is the menu button after opening the world icon?
- 5.7 I need to remove details that the tablet has remembered that are now cold. It is saying the info doesn't match. It's still using the old info?
- 6 Comments
Delete cookies and cache on Google Chrome browser
- 1Go to your applications and look for "Settings icon" (gear icon) in the list of applications.Advertisement
- 2On the list of options, look for "Application manager".
- 3In the application manager, select your Google Chrome from the list of items.
- 4Cookies are included in the data section.On the page of options in Google Chrome, you need to tap "Clear cache" and then "Clear data".
Delete cache and cookies on a latest Samsung Tab
- 1Look for the Internet icon, the globe icon, and launch it.
Once both options turn gray, this means it has been cleared.
Why clear the cache and cookies in the browser
Information from any website that you have visited is stored in hundreds of thousands of files in your phone memory. Huge websites with too many fancy things are heavy to load in your browser, and they may occupy a large space in the phone memory. Each time you visit a website, part of the process is saved in the browser's cache for the browser to display stored files from the server, and these stored files can help cut the load times whenever you visit the website again.
From time to time, web developers have to make updates to the files that comprise their website to add another feature. If you maintain those old saved files, there is a tendency that it will load the old web information, and then it may not function correctly. You may encounter run time errors and missing buttons on the website, and you may be unable to save the time sheet. The performed action may not respond appropriately, but deleting the cache and cookies will resolve the issue.
Questions and Answers
I have an older Samsung Galaxy tablet that I'm trying to delete the history from?
How do I delete the surfing history from this device? Thanks.
Deleting cache. Cookies and history from your older Android device can fix many of its speed issues. Follow the steps below to clear the history of your Samsung Galaxy Tab:
- 1On your home screen, tap on the 'Apps' icon.
- 2Open the Internet browser.
- 3Touch the menu button.
- 4Select 'Settings' from the menu.
- 5If you also want to clear your cache, tap on the 'Clear Cache' option.Tap on the 'Clear History' option, which is located under the 'Privacy Settings' section.
- 6Now you should see a popup asking if you are sure about clearing your history.
- 7Click on the 'Yes' button to proceed.
- 8Your browsing history has been cleared.
How do I get to the globe icon?
I'm trying to clean my history and cookies but I can't figure out how to do it
The globe icon is labeled "Internet" and can be found either on your home screen or inside the "Apps" folder.
- 1Press the home button.
- 2If the globe icon is not anywhere on the home screen, locate the "Apps" icon, which looks like a set of boxes stacked upon each other.
- 3Tap on the "Apps" icon.
- 4If it is not on the screen, swipe left or right to locate it.You will be able to locate the Internet icon by tapping it on the screen.
My tablet is set to show browsing history for today, yesterday and 7 days, how can I reset it not to show any history?
My tablet is set to show today, yesterday and 7 days history of browsing history, how I cancel it
- 1Go into the Google App Settings Menu.
- 2Select Accounts and Privacy.
- 3Choose Google Accounts History.
- 4Select Web and App Activity.
- 5Tap to remove the default setting to save browsing of Web and App Activity.
- 6If you have Google Now you can also change the settings from within that app.
I need to clear my cookies in order to access to a website that I'm using and they believe my problem with it is that I need to clear my cookies. I have tried: Everything. I think it was caused by: I have no idea nobody would listen to me again. Play my problem
- 1Go to Apps on your Galaxy Core Phone.
- 2Select Internet "Globe" Icon.
- 3This is your Menu.Select the three dots in the upper right hand corner.
- 4Choose Settings.
- 5Select Privacy.
- 6Go to Delete Personal Data.
- 7Choose Cache then Cookies and select.
- 8You have now cleared the cache and cookies on your Galaxy Core Phone.
I want to clear cookies on my Samsung Tab A. I have tried: Googling how to clear cookies on this tablet. I think it was caused by: Don't know
You can clear the cookies on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A by following the steps within the article on this page. Make sure that you clear the cookies for all the internet browsers that you use on the phone such as Chrome.
I am trying to clean the cookies out of my tablet. I cannot find the menu button after I open the world icon .
The menu button is located at the bottom of the device, usually outside of the screen either to the left or to the right of the tablet if you hold it in the portrait mode.
In some Galaxy Tabs, the menu button is the leftmost and should light up as you touch it. In other Samsung Galaxy Tabs, it can be even on the screen, in the lower-left corner in the black-stripe area along with the time.
If you do not see the menu button, then tap and hold the multitask button (it looks like two rectangles one behind another) to use the menu function.
If you cannot locate the button at all, then you may have a three-line (a hot-dog menu) or three-dot icon in the application that replaces the function of the menu button.
I need to remove details that the tablet has remembered that are now cold. It is saying the info doesn't match. It's still using the old info?
Have changed an account with new sign in details. Tablet does not recognize them because the old ones are still remembered. Do not want to remove all the history and all the cookies, just one
VisiHow QnA. This section is not written yet. Want to join in? Click EDIT to write this answer.