Clean a Device's Touchscreen
Edited by vc, Eng
Most people own a Tablet with a touchscreen. It is essential to learn how to properly clean the screen, so it remains functional and free from fingermarks. There is no need to purchase specific cleaning kits. Commonly, these products cost a fortune and cause more harm than good. Here is the process involved with properly cleaning a Tablet's touchscreen.
Steps to Clean a Device's Touchscreen
- 1The only material necessary to clean a touchscreen is a microfiber cloth.This material effectively removes dirt without adding scratches to the device. Microfiber contains small fibers that attract oil and dirt. Instead of using other materials that rub the debris over the screen, microfiber will wipe it away. For extremely dirty screens, it may be necessary to add a small amount water to the cloth as well.Advertisement
- 6After numerous cleaning tasks, it is important to clean the microfiber cloth.Hand wash it in warm soapy water and allow it to air dry. Chemicals should never be used on the cloth because they may become transferred from the microfiber onto the device's screen during the next cleaning.Advertisement
Things To Avoid
- Never use chemical cleaners on a Tablet's touchscreen. Items like Windex contain ammonia or other ingredients with an alcohol base. Most Apple products or high end tablets contain a special coating on the screens that may erode away with the use of these types of chemicals.
- Never use paper towels or abrasive cloths to clean a touchscreen. These may cause small scratches that build with time. In the end, the screens will appear dull and pitted. People who use a cotton rag will also see poor results. A lint film is usually left behind after this type of material is used. A microfiber cloth is the optimum cleaning choice because it is specially designed to preserve sensitive electronics.
- Never apply too much pressure during the cleaning process. This may also damage the Tablet by desensitizing the screen.
- Never use an abundance of water. In fact, most touchscreen cleaning tasks require no water at all. When moisture seeps into cracks or crevices, the entire device becomes useless.
- The above method will help to clean a Tablet's touchscreen. It is virtually impossible to keep it from gathering more fingerprints or dirt. However, it may be wise to invest in a disposable screen protector. This item is inexpensive and will prevent scratches and dirt from building up.
- Always read the owner's manual before cleaning. This contains useful information regarding what cleaners to use. The wrong products may lower sensitivity or mark up the screen even further.
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : General Android Mobiles & Tablets
Recent edits by: vc