Choose the Right Makeup Brushes
Edited by Kara, MsBarbs, Eng
Hi, this is Kara and you are watching VisiHow. In this video, I will teach you how to pick the brushes for your makeup. If you are going to purchase a professional makeup brush set, I recommend that you also purchase a case. My case is a leather case with buttons on the sides. When you are transporting your brushes or when they are sitting on a shelf, you want to make sure that they are sitting with the handle down. Otherwise, the bristles of your brush can become deformed and this part of the brush will be destroyed.
- 1Know the brush types.We can divide the brushes into two types: brushes with natural hair and the ones with synthetic hair. Brushes with natural hair are used only for dry textures. Dry textures are facial powder, blushes, and eye shadows. Synthetic brushes are used for wet and creamy textures such as concealers, facial tones, and creamy blushes.Advertisement
- 4The third brush is used for applying the BB or CC Creams, tonal creams, or contouring, and is used for creamy textures.The reason we use synthetic brushes for creamy textures is that the product doesn't soak into the bristles as much as it would if we used a natural bristled brush. Also, if you use natural haired brushes for apply creamy makeup it will be more difficult to wash the product out of the brush. Washing non-synthetic brushes too often can damage the bristles.
- 8These next two brushes are use on the eyes.This smaller bristled brush is use to define lines. The larger brush is used for blending. This larger brush works really well if you are doing a smoky eye because it is a round brush and is a pretty big brush to use on the eyes, but it does a really good job brushing and blending the shadows so that you don't have any hard edges.
- 13This is the minimum set of brushes that you would need for your makeup.Good-luck shopping for your makeup brushes. Just remember that you do need a mix of both natural and synthetic bristled brushes in a set. Try not to confuse which ones you need for its purpose. This is VisiHow, if you have any questions or comments please leave them in the section below. Thank you, bye-bye.Advertisement
Video: choose the right makeup brushes
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Makeup & Cosmetics
Recent edits by: MsBarbs, Kara