Choose the Right Color of Clothing So you Can Look your Best
Edited by Debbie, Charmed, Eng, Jonathan
As women we certainly want to look our best don't we? We are always looking in the mirror fixing our hair different ways to see what looks best, trying different makeups, and picking out the right kind of clothing we can look our best in. What about the color of clothing that we choose? Does it matter? Yes it does!
Colors definitely affect the way that we feel too, they can put us in a good mood. We may feel slimmer, or look younger in some colors we wear. Did you know depending on the color of the clothing, some colors will not compliment your skin tone, but will make it pale looking, and it can also make you look tired, or even older! Some colors can even bring out the dark circles under your eyes, and we certainly don't want that! Women either have warm, or cool undertones. Do you know if you have either a cool or warm undertone? How can you tell? One way, is by looking at your veins in your arm in a sunlit area. Do they appear blue? If so, than chances are you are a cool skin tone. If they look green, than you would be a warm undertone. People with cool undertones tend to have eyes that are green or blue. People with a warm undertone usually have black, brown, or hazel eyes. Your skin tone, and your hair color are important factors when choosing clothing colors. So what steps can you take to find the best color of clothing that suits you best?
- 1Test Your Skin For A Cool Or Warm Undertone.For anyone who has a warm undertone, colors that work best are oranges, yellow, browns, bronzes, and light reds. Cool undertones would be purple, lavenders, pinks, greens, and blues.Advertisement
- 2Pull Some Clothing From Your Closet.Hold it up to your skin tone and hair color in the mirror. Which color flatters you? Which doesn't?Advertisement
- 3If you are a bit on the heavy side, you will look best in dark colors, preferably black, so as to understate your weight.You do not have to inhale all the time to hide your round belly because the dark color does it for you. Plus, if you have to wear something striped, the stripes should be vertical because they will make you look thinner. Horizontal stripes makes you look wider.
- 4Get An Opinion From A Friend.Ask your friend or family member take a picture of you in different colors of clothing. Go through the pictures with your friend, and ask opinions on what colors look best on you.Advertisement
Tips & Tricks
- Don't forget, you can add some stunning makeup to your color look, and accessories such as gold or silver jewelry. Gold looks best on warm skin tones, and silver on cool tones.
- Wearing colors you enjoy will make you happy. And your skin will appear glowing.
- You don't have to hold back from wearing a cool color, just because you are a warm undertone. Some cool colors look good on people with warm undertones. Maybe a brighter pink won't look so good on you, but a lighter pink will!
- If you have problems with any of these steps, ask a question for more help, or post in the comments section below.
Categories : Fashion
Recent edits by: Eng, Charmed, Debbie